Joy Rios and Robin Robertsis creating the HIT Like a Girl podcast
You still get the gratitude and the virtual high five, but you also get a personalized thank you note in the mail and a HIT Like a Girl sticker. NOTE: All new patron rewards will be sent the first week of the following month. This helps us better manage mailings and keeps us relatively sane.
You really like us, huh? Well, this tier comes with plenty of gratitude, virtual high fives for life, a personalized thank you note, a sticker, AND a shout out on the podcast. NOTE: All new patron rewards will be sent the first week of the following month. This helps us manage mailings and keeps us relatively sane.
Not only will you get all the gratitude and virtual high fives you could wish for, but you'll also get a personalized thank you note, a sticker, and a shout out on a podcast episode.
But also! For as long as you're a patron at this level, we will thank you by name in the show notes for all podcast episodes. NOTE: We will use your Patreon name unless you tell us otherwise.
This tier truly believes in our cause and your contribution will allow us to travel to more conferences & talk with more amazing women. Get all of the above rewards PLUS have an opportunity to be interviewed for a podcast segment dedicated to guest appearances from our Patrons!
About Joy Rios and Robin Roberts
Hi, we’re Joy Rios and Robin Roberts, and we're the co-hosts of the HIT Like a Girl podcast. We’ve spent the better part of the last decade at the intersection of where healthcare and technology meet, also known as health IT, or HIT for short. We’re not doctors, but we consult with them on how to navigate the constantly changing healthcare laws, specifically with value-based care.
Through the years, we’ve both experienced some serious professional lady crushes for women who have made huge professional strides. Yet, a recent survey shows that 62% of women find their ideas are ignored in the business setting until they are repeated by a man. We’ve created a space for ladies working in health IT to speak their mind, share their ideas, and boast a little about their accomplishments and contributions, interruption-free.
We invite you to join us as we chat with the impressive ladies of the health IT industry about their successes and especially their challenges.
Your Support Makes a Difference
Your patronage allows us to keep serving up quality content for anyone trying to understand the complexities of the U.S. healthcare system.
These podcasts resonate with a diverse audience around the country and we're now turning to Patreon to allow our listeners the chance to get involved and support our efforts to keep this show - and the broader conversation - alive for as long as possible.
So what can you look forward to?
- A weekly podcast of about 30-45 minutes.
- More guests for the show! We've got some great ladies lined up for Season 3 we want to invite even more for Season 4.
- Honesty. Healthcare and health IT is complicated. With every episode, we try to understand a new piece of the million-piece healthcare puzzle. Whether it’s about telehealth, social determinants, physician burnout, the gender pay gap, apps patients should know about, important policy updates, we talk about it all. If you've ever found yourself thinking, "My God, there’s so much to learn in this industry.” This podcast will help you realize you're not alone.
- An inspirational reading list. Each of our guests shares how they keep up with the ever-changing healthcare environment. We compile their recommended reading, listening, social accounts to follow, and more so you can fast track your learning.
- An invitation to the HIT Like a Girl podcast private LinkedIn group for guests and listeners. This is a great opportunity to network with some amazing healthcare professionals!
- More to come!
Thanks for reading and listening! We're excited to see where the HIT Like a Girl podcast takes us, and we're thrilled to have you along for the ride.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I help support HIT Like a Girl?
You can support us by becoming a Patron. Just click the big blue “Become a Patron” button in the upper right and Patreon will walk you through everything.
If I become a Patron, what do I have to do?
That’s sort of up to you. You can quietly support our weekly podcast through your contributions and that would be awesome. If you want to get more involved, you can also share the podcast - and this Patreon campaign - with friends, family, social networks, etc. That would be great, too! It’s entirely up to you.
How many episodes will you release in a month?
Typically, we release one new episode every Wednesday. But our support tiers are monthly, so if we end up with 5 in a month rather than 4, your pledge stays the same. Similarly, if we end up with only 3 in a month (because life), your pledge stays the same. When you sign up, you can choose how you’d like to support. Patreon is pretty flexible.
Do I have to donate forever?
Nope! You can change or cancel your pledge for any reason at any time.
Do I have to pay in US Dollars?
No! Amounts are shown in US dollars but, if you’re outside the US, you can use whatever currency you’d like.
Still have questions?
- Send us an email, say hello, and let us know how we can help: [email protected].