Patreon is a site that allows you, the viewer, to support your favorite content creators, like me, as a way of saying, "thank you," and incentivizing us to keep going and to make better content (it's like the internet's tip jar). Think of it like paying for a Netflix subscription to watch your favorite shows, except you're choosing exactly who you want to support, and how much to give. Plus, you get some pretty sweet rewards in return, based on your pledge. Finally, by being a crowd-funded show, I'm free to talk about anything, free of media censorship. I'm responsible only to you: my fans/supporters.
I've been very fortunate to be able to make videos full time for you, sharing what I learn about science, religion, and philosophy, and taking a stand against religious extremism. And while I would gladly do this for free, sadly, I can't afford to. Equipment costs, software, subscriptions to royalty-free footage sites and animation suites, travel to/housing at conferences, advertising, and website hosting are just a few of the many costs it takes to keep Holy Koolaid afloat and help it grow.
Unfortunately, voices of reason are easily drowned out online by billion-dollar religious institutions, cult leaders, and peddlers of pseudoscience. By making a per-video pledge, you're helping support the little guy and giving us all a voice. As long as I have your support, I'll continue making regular videos fighting to promote science, free thought, and critical thinking.
Why should you donate?
- You're tired of religious fundamentalism want to push back against extremism.
- My videos have helped you.
- You believe in my message.
- You want to help me spread a message of love, curiosity, and humanism.
- You find my videos fun/entertaining.
- You'll get some pretty sweet perks!
- Not everyone can be an activist, but everyone can support one.
- You appreciate what I've been doing for the secular movement and want to see an even greater push in the coming year.
Where does your money go?
The money you donate goes towards Holy Koolaid's day-to-day business expenses. I use the funds raised here on:
- My animation suite subscription
- A royalty-free video footage site subscription
- Hosting the Holy Koolaid website (which contains a number of useful resources for atheists)
- Traveling to/lodging at secular conferences (where I get to meet y'all)
- Equipment upgrades
- Marketing Tools
- An email newsletter tool for e-mail sending to a large subscriber base
- Postal Mail Address (so I can have an official business address)
- Business Cards
- Miscellaneous Business Expenses
- Domain Name Rental (for www.holykoolaid.com)
- Phone service (almost every business service requires you to verify with a phone number)
- Hiring freelance contractors for various tasks like transcribing interviews for closed captions
Lastly, it pays my bills and keeps me caffeinated so I can do this full time.
How much should you pledge?
Every little bit helps, a lot of people pledge $5/video, but even just $1/video goes a long way (that's like the cost of a fancy corn dog every month). I release about 4 videos each month, but you can also put a cap on the maximum number of videos you want to support each month, as you're setting up your pledge. If you want to contribute more, I have different perks depending on how much you pledge.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thank you for your generous support. Let's make the world a freer more rational place!