Howard Lyonis creating Instructional videos and reference packs
Select a membership level
The Supporter Tier will give you access to my blog here on Patreon where I will share
- Behind the scenes peeks of what I am working on
- Tips and insights on my working processes and tools
- Sketches and posts about my creative practices
- Wallpaper image of each painting
- Periodic free access to videos and tutorials
I will post tips, sketches and insights regularly, but you will only see charges when I release new paintings, 1-2 times a month.
The Student of the Arts tier will help you accelerate your learning and includes
- All the rewards listed in level 1-2
- Videos with audio and text commentary added to give insight and instruction as to my process, mindset and goals with each painting. Some will be alla prima portraits and other videos will be for my longer, more elaborate paintings.
I will post tips and insights regularly, but you will only see charges when I release new paintings, 1-2 times a month.
I will solicit feedback for content from everyone, but the Patron Tier requests will be weighted so that I can address them first.
Hello! Welcome to my Patreon page!
Whether you are here as a sponsor or a student of art, thank you for believing in me enough to offer your support!
Why should you become a supporter?
Art lovers - you will get exclusive access to my working process and see the work as it is created. Gain greater understanding of what goes into creating a painting.
Students of art - you will learn about my techniques, the business of being an artist today, and learn how I go from idea to finished painting. We will cover a wide range of topics from drawing and painting to working with clients and galleries.
I work daily to improve through study, practice and dedication to craft. I have worked in the video game industry, as a freelance illustrator, and also as a gallery artist for over 20 years.
You might have seen my work in Magic: the Gathering, Hearthstone, in multiple Spectrum annuals, as a contributor to the blog Muddy Colors, or in exhibitions hosted by the ARC Salon and Oil Painters of America.
I would like to share my experience with you. I think this format will provide an opportunity to share regular tips and insights and you can follow me in my growth as I add to yours.