Hug House Productionsis creating podcasts
Select a membership level
Like a vampire, you're welcome into our house. In exchange for not drinking our blood (please) you'll get the following:
- Credit as a supporter on the Hug House website
- Access to our Patron-only Discord server
Take a Seat!
We like you enough to keep you around. Want anything from the kitchen? We've got the following for you:
- All previous rewards
- Exclusive behind-the-behind-the-scenes blog entries for each episode of Scoring Magic
Put Your Feet Up!
Make yourself at home - you're practically family now. Except instead of invitations to awkward family reunions, you'll get the following:
- All previous rewards
- Visual references, playlists, and other inspiration for Scoring Magic and VALENCE
About UsHug House Productions is a podcast collective made up of three friends: Anne Baird, Katie Youmans, and Wil Williams. Hug House Productions is currently producing Scoring Magic, a documentary about the process of making an audio drama; VALENCE, that very audio drama, an urban fantasy fiction podcast; and HEXADEC, an anthology podcast with episodes based on colors.
- Scoring Magic is a podcast documentary that follows Anne Baird, Katie Youmans, and Wil Williams as they make their first audio drama. They’ll share tips, tricks, and resources, but also what it’s like to work on a massive creative project with friends. There’s going to be exciting highs, like the moment they decided to work together–but there’s also going to be some very honest lows along the way. And all of it will lead to an audio drama they hope you’re going to love.
- VALENCE is an upcoming urban fantasy audio drama set in the city of New Candler, where magic is scarce by design. A tech mogul wants to keep it that way. And a magic user wants freedom.
- HEXADEC is an anthology podcast by Hug House Productions. Made up of stand-alone stories, each episode of HEXADEC is themed after a hexadecimal color code and its matching Pantone name.
Mission StatementHug House Productions’s goal in coming together and creating podcasts is to bring stories to the world that feature and spotlight queer characters and artists, as well as those from other marginalized groups. In telling these stories, Hug House also seeks to educate people about the reality of and process that goes into creating these types of stories so that others may learn from their successes and their follies as they bring their own experiences and stories to the wonderful medium of podcasts.
(actual goal TBA)