As you may know, all our articles and race coverage are completely free. All this work’s not cheap, and keeping it free has always been a challenge. In coming to Patreon, we hope to make funding iRunFar much less of a challenge so that we can focus even more of our energies on making what we do here at iRunFar happen. At the same time, we hope to give you a glimpse behind the scenes to see who and what iRunFar is.
What You Get from iRunFar
- More than a magazine's worth of articles each and every month delivered every weekday.
- An amazing, insightful, civil community in iRunFar's article comments.
- The world's best, most in-depth race coverage from roughly a dozen events around the world each year.
To be clear, everyone will continue to be able to enjoy the above anytime, anywhere, absolutely free, all with the help of our generous patrons.
As a patron, we’ll reward you with exclusive bonuses not available to the public.
- First opportunities to pick up limited-edition iRunFar gear when it's released.
- Bonuses associated with specific patronage levels, such as our patron-only update feed on Patreon, your name on iRunFar's online Wall of Fame, access to our monthly group hangout, your questions answered during that hangout, personalized snail mail(!), and one-on-one video chats or real-life adventures.
Why We Need Your Help
Publishing iRunFar is a (more than) full-time job for the two of us and we need to pay ourselves accordingly. We also need to pay our writers, cover our travel costs, pay for our internet servers, buy new equipment, and replace old equipment. With iRunFar being a bootstrap operation from its start, we’re well accustomed to working on a modest budget, but all the aspects needed to make iRunFar happen each year add up and advertising doesn’t pay all our bills.
By supporting us through Patreon, we can continue to publish hundreds of in-depth articles each year, continue to host an amazing community (that’s you!), and continue to share the world’s most exciting trail races and ultramarathons with you. Whether you read the website on a daily basis, breathlessly follow our race coverage, or both, you can help keep iRunFar going in the long run by supporting us on Patreon.
We’ve got things we dream of doing with iRunFar, too! In due time, we aim to evolve, improve, and expand as appropriate, and, as a Patreon contributor, you’ll have a front-row seat for everything that’s yet to come!
For more details on everything we do and how your help makes it possible, read this article.
Thanks for wanting to support one of your favorite sources of trail and ultrarunning information and inspiration.