My name is Rookes. I'm looking to move into the next stage of my work, and I'd like you to come with me. Rookes is my indie-pop solo project based out of London UK, but on the regular I also go by Jenny Bulcraig. If you'd like to hear something of what I sound like, you can hear it on the video above; this is a track I'm currently developing, called "Signs". If you'd like to hear what I sound like, here's my debut EP, The Game & The River: hyperurl.co/gameriverep.
I have been here since October 2016 and it's been BRILLIANT. So, if you want to get on board with our merry band of Patreon Patrons, here’s some solid projects that I have in mind:
- "Collaborations". I love to develop creative relationships with others. While this would include live performances/ videos/ records with some diverse and incredible creatives (including actors, spoken word artists, coreographers, burlesque artists, and - of course - musicians). Through Patreon support this has already manifested a fantastic Music Video and has begun to slowly generate a special EP record featuring amazing artists like O Memorie; this record will be bootleg, raw and unique, and available to Rookes Patreon Patrons before anyone else.
- The release of "The Game & The River" EP. Having recently been signed to the little-but-fierce indie label Seahorse Records, I have gained access to better promotional platforms and I want to release my first EP in style. It's recorded, packaged and ready to go - and after Patreon Patrons helped power the successful release of my debut single "The Heel of My Hand", lots of folks are excited to hear what comes next - and you can make this happen!
- The making and release of the coming EP2 and all that this entails in terms of marketing/ PR. As it stands, I’ve been a bit trapped between London and the Midlands, so I would also like to create a wider tour to promote this next record, so that as many of you as possible can actually see me perform - starting with UK - and then seeing how far we can get. Additionally, the recording is already underway.
- The AKA ROOKES Podcast- this will feature stuff about music/ culture/ feminism and LGBT topics. I also want to keep getting relevant and interesting guests on this podcast. This is really important to me because I believe that part of being an artist is that we absorb our world, filter out the parts we see as important, or interesting or beautiful and offer them back to the world. I want to offer a commentary. I want to get people discussing things and sharing ideas. AKA ROOKES is an easy way to do this.
- This is new to many of you, but I’m also writing a Folk Opera based on one of my favourite childhood stories. This has been a dream for years and I have some serious work to do on it (it's a long-term goal), but I want the getting it off the ground eventually to be at least POSSIBLE.
MUCH love... ROOKES x