Incite Seminarsis creating Rigorous & Rebellious Learning
Select a membership level
NOTE: March 16, 2020. All of the below remains the case in this time of pandemic crisis. Although we are moving sessions to online, our needs remain the same.
Thank you for your interest in Incite Seminars! We are asking your support to enable us:
- to make our seminars affordable to a broad and diverse group of people;
- to provide an attractive and accessible space in downtown Philadelphia;
- to pay our seminar facilitators and team what they deserve..
What We'll Use Your Money For
- Location. Pay $600/month rent in a flexible shared work space in the Bourse Building at 5th and Market in Philadelphia.
- Tuition. We want to implement an enable-as-you-can model of tuition, including a no-cost option. We feel this is the best way to realize our commitment to making our offerings available to anyone who feels they can benefit from them, regardless of ability to pay. We want to be a model of inclusiveness. Success, in fact, depends on our attracting a broad and diverse range of people across income, gender, age, racial, and ethnic lines. This goal will require considerable financial aid for participants. Ideally, we would be able to eliminate access fees altogether.
- Facilitator/team payment. At the same time, we want to pay our facilitators and current volunteers a fair share. Labor includes the following: the time-consuming reiterative process (planning, communication, etc.) that culminates in a session; website maintenance; creating a seminar page; online, personal, and MailChimp marketing; session-related supplies such as photocopies of readings; promotional items (note pads, mugs, pens), offering refreshments such as coffee and tea during sessions; parking or transportation for facilitators; facilitator's extensive preparation and delivery of seminar. Each seminar, in short, is labor intensive, and we want everyone to get paid well for the work they do.
Incite Seminars is a 501(c)3 educational non-profit. That means that, under certain conditions, your contribution is tax-deductible.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me, Glenn Wallis, at [email protected].
$435 of $2,000 per month
1 of 1
Towards a dedicated space, pay-what-you-can fee model, and fair compensation for facilitators.
Become a patron to
Unlock 3 exclusive posts
Connect via private message
Recent posts by Incite Seminars
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method