Jake Bowkettis creating StoryDevs, a site for story-focused games
Select a membership level
About Jake Bowkett
What is StoryDevs?
StoryDevs will be a place for developers of story-focused games. Features include:
- Talent Database. Devs can find each other by criteria such as availability, skill-set, compensation type, and so on. Find game jam partners, long-term collaborators or one-off freelancers!
- Public Library. Home to resources like tutorials, reviews, interviews, and more.
- Events. Create and view events converted to your own timezone — no messy math or Googling conversion tables.
- Collections. You can collect profiles and resources and organise them, analogous to a playlist or wishlist.
How To Help
- Follow the StoryDevs Twitter and retweet something.
- Join the StoryDevs Discord and participate in the community — chill, discuss development, or give feedback on the site.
- Make a one-time tip via PayPal. These add up and really help!
Who Am I?
My name is Jake Bowkett and I'm the sole designer and programmer for StoryDevs.
I grew up loving JRPGs, visual novels, and the like — I'm sure many reading this did too. That passion got me into modding Fallout, lurking in RPG speedrunning communities, then making art for visual novels. (See pic above!)
I've always wanted a site that brings together all the disparate skills, resources, and experiences that narrative games require and embody. We should have something tailored to us, not retrofitted and duct-taped together.
Rather than complain about something not existing I'm trying to make it — I need your help to do that. Even just a $1 a month helps cover some basic costs and beyond that allows me to dedicate more time to making a robust and nice site for us all to use.
Become a patron to
Unlock 1 exclusive post
Be part of the community
Connect via private message
Recent posts by Jake Bowkett
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method