I'm a writer, dealing primarily in humour, with a taste for the baroque, the disorienting, the absurd, and the unexpected. Here are some things of mine:
- Why the Long Joke?, St. Martin’s Press, 2016: my first book, a collection of humour writing
- Humuor, issue 1, 2016: a comedy zine in the style of Army Man and the National Lampoon
- The New Yorker, Shouts & Murmurs, since 2014: How to Write a Sentence; So You Found A...; I Wrote an Open Letter, But the Words Fell Out; Hieronymus Bosch’s Lost Masterpiece
- Crimer Show, 2013-14: the first and only serialised drama, and comedy, on Twitter. A satirical “show” in text, 5 days a week, for 150 weeks
- Twitter dot com, since 2008: over 50 Twitter accounts, dealing in various strands of humour and drama. Notably: Terbil Draems, Crimer Show, Goggl Serch...
Right now, I have plans for
According to Patreon, it's a way to join your favorite creator's community and pay them for making the stuff you love - basically, you make a fixed monthly donation to a creator and become a patron. Supporting the arts! It's what the bad guys hate!
But why am I on Patreon?
- Job: This is my job now. I've taken a career break, and I'm trying to focus 24/7 on creating. However, I'm relying on your support!
- Output: The more pledges I get, the more projects I can work on. It's that simple. Once I can take care of the basics, I can focus solely on creating.
- Community: I want to get hot new #content straight to the real fans. You know who you are! Get in touch! Discuss, criticize, request, whatever.
- Thanks: Maybe you've enjoyed all the things I've given away for free over the years. Maybe you appreciate the effort, the hours, the dedication, the excellent spelling...
- Help: Maybe you'd like to help get things made. I have tons of projects that haven't seen the light of day yet. Help me make this a reality!
- Curiosity: You're wondering what's next. Only one way to find out!
- Rewards: There are more rewards than you can shake a stick at. They're my way of saying thanks.
- Pity: I'll take it.