Jess Condais creating performance art at all times
* one page a month from my creation process journal, which may include physical writing, an mp3 of rehearsals, photo links, etc.
(Photo: performing with The Peek A Boo Revue, photo by: Chris K Photography)
* one page a month from my creation process journal
* a monthly update from my financial journey; one observation and one question about the financial life of a career artist
* access to real talk email address where we can talk each month about radical financial transparency
I'm interested in conversation and radical transparency about artists' lives and sustainability. Hopefully this tier is an invitation to connection through conversation and real talk. Read more about my Radical Transparency HERE
(Photo: Teaching for the Wilma Theatre. Photo by Lilly Roman)
* a 2x per year snail mail surprise
(Photo: "Let them eat Tastycake!" with The Bearded Ladies/Eastern State Penitentiary in Bastille Day Cabaret. Photo by: Julia Hatmaker/pennlive.com)
About Jess Conda
to connect human hearts in a variety of ways.
Learn more about my work HERE: https://jessconda.com
All of this work is stitched together to make a whole life that is art driven and community centered. My work is not large scale or commercial, but instead makes individual investments and connections in my hometown of Philadelphia. I believe that authentic connection begins one show at a time, one student at a time, one conversation at a time, one city at a time. I am currently focusing on Philadelphia as a home base to put this belief into practice every day.
I am interested in Radical Financial Transparency and Interconnectivity
as a way to honestly talk about how artists make a living
and how they cultivate community support in non traditional ways
in order to do so.
Read more thoughts about this HERE
I have been living and working as a valued artist in Philadelphia for 15 years because of Interconnectivity; Patreon is another evolution of this principle. I'm excited to learn about how to best use this platform to support my work and make an authentic community around it!
"It changes month to month, depending on what I'm working on."
* It is not always a neat streamline of income for me--sometimes I am balancing 4 projects at once, sometimes there are gaps in work that are opportunities for me to incubate. Freelance artists do not typically get paid every week; often in lump sums when the work is completed. This is where you who support me can know that you are allowing my quality of life to thrive by providing patronage that directly supports my work in a career with a non traditional flow of income.
You are part of a community I am directly building around performance art in Philadelphia. As such, you will have unique, limited access to artistic process and conversations around contemporary art making as led from my perspective. When I create original music based work, you will receive access to that music. There are tiers of engagement here for us to have conversation about art making.
You are trailblazers who acknowledge that supporting individual artists is different from supporting artistic institutions. Both need support. But by contributing to my Pateron, you are literally allowing Jess Conda to survive and thrive as an artist year round. You are on "Team Jess."
You are a direct link to supporting a career that has a unique rhythm in a world where people want to connect more than ever. I am so grateful for you--you have literally encouraged and allowed me to-as they say- "follow your dreams"! xoxoxoxo