i also do other jobs to pay the bills. the end of 2016 was the end of 2 years in a movie trailer and broadcast promo job for me. i learned 3 important things for me:
1) don't work for advertising ever again;
2) "other jobs" should never occupy any time/space outside of a 40 hour work week, if that;
3) while i became accustomed to only making work on the computer, using my hands to make things outside of a screen is actually a huge part of my wellbeing and i shall never ignore that again.
this past year my lovely friend and fellow astronaut, Luke Williams, experimented with Patreon in his creative practice. i've been inspired by his leap into the void
of the unknown,
of alternative sustainability structures,
of a sea of people we hope is there.
i am launching this page as an experiment for me and for all the possible you(s).
- this doesn't change anything on my end. i'll be doing my work like always...i'll maybe be documenting things more than usual. but maybe i'll be more motivated and find an ever-present drive?
- it changes a lot on your end. you'll get sketches. you'll get drafts. you'll get all the little back-and-forth between me and my self-critic. you'll get lots of work updates on Stacy, the space dog. is this a thing that you'll like? that you'll respond to? that you'll be inspired by?
- eventually, if this proves to be a positive thing in our lives in a year, i'd like to work with Luke and any other interested parties in creating a simple and secure way of doing this all without Patreon, like on our own personal websites. i think we'd like to try to make it open source.