- I released conversation with author/speaker Donald Robertson on modern Stoicism and the Stoic Philosophy Facebook page; a bonus patron-sponsored episode discussing societal obligations; and chat with Steve Karafit of the Sunday Stoic Podcast.
- Look for an episode this weekend with author Ward Farnsworth (release around June 24).
- I recently chatted with Dr. David Kyle Johnson concerning free will, science-fiction, and Stoicism.
- I'll soon be chatting with members of an accomplished popular folk rock/metal group for an upcoming episode.
- I recently presented, in my role as counselor-in-training intern, Stoic solutions for dealing with anger and bullying in a case presentation with members of behavioral health teams at local schools. I'm continuing to work with students and their families 2-3 days a week.
- I purchased equipment to improve audio quality including acoustic foam, a new microphone, a pop filter, and a microphone cover.
- I added a new goal. Upon reaching $300 in donations per month, I will release two new episodes per week.
- Thanks for your support!
I’m creating podcast episodes offering practical wisdom for everyday life — solutions to modern human concerns — informed by the ancient philosophical school of Stoicism popularized by thinkers including Seneca, Epictetus, and Marcus Aurelius. Improve your quality of life by implementing a strong mental framework, pursuing meaning, and having a strong foundation by which to live!
I explore topics such as gratitude; acceptance; overcoming adversity; finding meaning in life; moderation; dealing with change; friendship; loneliness; and anger.
Listen to my library of podcast episodes dating back to May 2017:
Find me at StoicSolutionsPodcast.com; Soundcloud; YouTube; Stitcher, Google Play, iTunes and other podcast platforms like PlayerFM, TuneIn, Castbox, and Podbean.
In addition to videos and podcasts, I host monthly meetings serving as the co-organizer and spokesperson for the Northeastern Pennsylvania Freethought Society -- a social, educational, activist, and philosophical coalition of atheists, agnostics, humanists, secularists, and skeptics predicated on community and support which upholds the separation of church and state and upholds critical thinking.
I also serve as a counselor-in-training intern with elementary school students in a school-based behavioral health program while pursuing my Master's-level Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree at Marywood University.
Prior to producing Stoic Philosophy content, I engaged in a great deal of community activism including organizing and participating public debates and discussions; working with groups like the American Civil Liberties Union and Freedom From Religion Foundation seeking to uphold church/state separation; attending and speaking at City Hall meetings; and peacefully protesting.
I've also published numerous blog posts and articles concerning atheism, Philosophy, and separation of church and state. I've hosted and appeared on other podcasts and radio shows. I've been featured as a guest speaker for college-level courses; appeared in local, national, and international news; and have spoken for local, state, and national events and conferences. My appearances dating back to 2009 are numerous.
I received bachelor’s degrees in Philosophy and Psychology, a minor in Professional Writing, and the distinguished W.A. Kilburn Memorial Award for Philosophy from King’s College in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania where I worked as a peer tutor at the campus’s writing center. I also worked with the Arc of Luzerne County’s Transition to Community Employment program as a teacher’s assistant and job coach alongside adult learners with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
I play poker at casinos in the Eastern United States; regularly exercise; maintain a mostly vegan diet; enjoy metal music; listen to several podcasts; volunteer as a member of the website and media team for the Greyhawk Reborn Dungeons & Dragons campaign; and play D&D at events throughout the Eastern United States.
Thanks for your support! Have a great day, an attitude of gratitude, and don't let life pass you by.
Podcast music is brought to you by Phil Giordana's symphonic metal group Fairyland from their album 'Score to a New Beginning.'
Audio edits and consultations are brought to you by John Bartmann.
Thanks to donors and fans who support my work, share content, suggest guests, offer inspiration, and provide ideas for improvement!