What are Light Novels? The term originated in Japan to describe novels created
- for easier reading entertainment
- aimed at a media savvy audience (fans of video games/anime/manga)
- are approximately 50,000+ words
- use manga images both on their covers and as select interior artwork
- serve as the source material for many of today's successful manga & anime properties
I'm starting this Patreon so I can expand beyond my current channel limits. I want to visit anime conventions and do panels on light novels, as I've noticed many of their programs lack them. I'd like to improve the equipment I use for my videos, so I can do more ambitious projects which my current gear is incapable of handling. And I'd like to hire someone to do original art for my channel, so it can develop a unique identity. In short, this is about improvements, and spreading the fandom of light novels!
I appreciate you taking the time to check this out. Your desire to help keep my channel going and to grow the light novel community is amazing.