Kallypso Mastersis creating a "serial" Romance novel
Select a membership level
All of my patrons (at any level) will receive:
• My utmost thanks for believing in and supporting me as I pursue this new creative endeavor;
• New episodes in my serial novels (as they’re being written);
• Photos and experiences that inspired the scenes in my serial installments;
• Being mentioned as a beta reader in the acknowledgments of the published e-book/paperback for all who provided regular, significant feedback on my serial novels;
• Work-in-Progress Posts/Updates about the serial novel (and perhaps others);
• NEW BENEFIT! Behind-the-scenes live-streaming (and not live) videos from my annual KallypsoCon reader-author weekend.
• My ramblings throughout the month about writing, publishing, cooking (excluding actual recipes), my family life, or whatever is on my mind (no politics, though);
• Live one-hour chats and Q&A sessions on Patreon (after I reach my first goal of 50 patrons) and additional goals thereafter;
• A coupon code for the free e-book release of each serial as it’s published after being rewritten and professionally edited (first one expected in 2020; must be a current patron at the time of e-book publication).
All the perks in the Firefighter Tier, plus:
• 10% discount at my Kally Swag store on my web site, including signed paperbacks, T-shirts and more
• 15% discount on e-books in my Kally’s Shop on my web site;
• Deleted scenes and other story extras;
• Sneak peeks from unpublished e-books in my Rescue Me Saga and Bluegrass Spirits series;
• Exclusive first look at photos long before they go on FaceBook, InstaGram, or other social media—and most times this will be the only place they’ll be shown;
All the perks in the Fire Lieutenant, plus:
• Personal videos, although they are more likely to be showing you where I am or with whom than to be ones with me in front of the camera. But it’s a special chance to see the world through my eyes.
• Voting on story direction and scene situations in my serial novel stories (similar to what I do in the Rescue Me Saga Discussion Group on Facebook for that series)
• Exclusive periodic interviews of my characters (not limited to characters in the Patreon project serial novel). These might become bonus material in boxed sets or be posted elsewhere, but you’ll get the first peek by at least a month.
• A personal thank-you postcard and an annual birthday card (must be a patron at the time of your birthday) sent to you by mail (mailing address required; open internationally)
This is experimental and will take a day or two a week away from writing my next e-book for my web store and booksellers. For the first serials here, I am planning to write a series about Angelina’s four Giardano brothers (seen as secondary characters in my signature Rescue Me Saga series. (Hot, alpha, Italian firefighter brothers working and living in the Rockies of Colorado.) Oh man, do these guys ever need a little loving from just the right partners!
Which brings me to Patreon. I was originally going to do these as exclusive serials on the Radish app, but that platform wouldn't have allowed me to engage with my readers as easily as I’m able to here. At my lowest tier, I’m offering access to these stories because I want as much engagement and feedback as possible. You can comment to your heart’s desire as long as the comments are pertinent to the installment or series or any other post.
I’m even open to suggestions on what you think should happen next (like readers do on Wattpad and other serialization platforms). I’m open to trying all kinds of new things. Of course, I have to go with my gut as to what I ultimately think these characters would do/say, but you never know when ideas in your comments or feedback will spark something in my brain.
I'll also use this page to provide benefits to my patrons in appreciation for your ongoing support. Check out my goals. The first if to reach 75 patrons, at which point I’ll begin doing Live Chats and Q&A sessions here. I have listed four goals for up to 500 patrons. If I grow beyond that, well, I’ll have to come up with some more!
While taking this serial-writing journey, your patronage on Patreon will make a huge difference in my creative life. I don’t know that I will increase my word counts per day by doing this—because my deep, multi-layered books take both active and inactive writing/brain time. But if I spend one year working on a serial or two then, in the next year, I’ll be able to reward all my fans with a new spinoff series with several books ready to launch.
While I am expecting to release two full novels and a novella in 2019 (Somebody’s Perfect, #7 in the Rescue Me Saga, came out in early January. And by late April 2019, I hope to release Wedding Dreams, my second Rescue Me Saga Extras novella—Marc and Angelina’s long overdue wedding (with all the chaos and drama involved in bring together two Italian families). I believe the second full-length novel will be finishing Danny's Return, #3 in my supernatural contemporary Bluegrass Spirits series.
After serialization ends, I'll be rewriting these serials, having them professionally edited, and publishing them as a series of novels in e-books and paperbacks. Patrons who pledge at least a dollar a month and meet the minimum requirements spelled out in the tiers will receive a coupon for a free mobi, epub, or PDF copy once published. I’ll be interested in seeing how different those complete novels will differ from the originals! Won’t you? In the past, I've rarely plotted or written in any linear fashion, so I'm sure once I know where I'm going with these after writing the serials, I'll want to go back and add layers and subplots and such that probably won't be in the serialized versions.
For those who aren't fond of the serial novels or who prefer waiting for a more polished and edited novel, fear not! All my fans will eventually get to read each of them when I publish them as e-books and put them up for sale on my web site and at bookseller sites.
I'm excited about this new challenge. No worries if you aren't able to support me monetarily. I'll still be on Facebook talking about my other writing projects and will occasionally make some posts free here from time to time that I’ll promote on Facebook. (None of the hot, sexy scenes can be public, though, due to Patreon's adult-content rules, so you'll have to subscribe to enjoy those—or wait a year or two for the e-books to come out!)
Thank you again! Now, let’s DO this!