In the midst of fear mongering and hateThis is what I do...
speak love and hope.
speak love and hope.
I write and record music of healing and inspiration.
I authored a children's book, Little Yellow Pear Tomatoes, published by Illumination Arts, based on the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh and endorsed by Jane Goodall.
I’m currently writing my book on covert abuse, getting ready to launch my Keeping the Dream podcast and am doing the background work for my mother's story.
These projects are an integral part of my healing journey, and I want to share that with you.
And I want to do it full-time. It’s my Dream.
Patreon is my YES to that Dream.
If you’ve never been to Patreon, it’s wonderful!
Patreon is an opportunity for artists to receive sustainable support to do their art. And an opportunity for those who want to support them! Perfect match. This is grassroots support for artists. No longer do you have to be one of the wealthy few to be an art patron!
Here's how it works.
- Look over to the right.
- Pick a tier of monthly support you want to engage in. You'll be eligible to claim the rewards for that tier and every tier below you.
- Click the "Get $ Reward" button for the tier you desire, and follow directions. You'll be charged for the amount you choose at that time, and then monthly thereafter. And of course, you can cancel or change your tier level of support at any time.
- And voila! Congratulations! You're a full-fledged Patron of the Arts! Yay!
It's that easy!
And you can cancel or switch tiers or cancel at any time!
You're in complete control.
Just know that even though it may seem like a small amount of money in the lower tiers, it does add up. More, each contribution is a wonderful affirmation that I’m going in the right direction, and another powerful incentive to keep going forward -- being accountable to you.
What Your Patronage Will Go Toward:
This is THE most important impact of your support!
Any amount of support goes toward making it possible for me to write and It will cover the expenses of living and the expenses of getting the message of Keeping the Dream out.
COVERING THE EXPENSES OF CREATING
- Copyright fees
- ISBN fees
- Book cover designs
- Editing and Formatting for all the books
- Recording time/production for songs
- Monthly costs of Web hosting, newsletter service, podcasting hosting, graphic art service.
- Yearly domain name renewals
- Recording and video equipment and editing software for podcasts, music and videos
- New keyboard for songwriting and producing
- Expert and legal services
PLUS MY SINGING VOICE!
Care-taking and working a stressful job has rendered me fatigued much of the time. The body is the vocalist’s instrument, so while I can still write words, it’s harder to sing them when I'm exhausted. When I manage to get the rest I need, my vocal chords do a rebound and I can sing. My tone is clear, I have control and my singing voice easily carries the song’s message.
I want to do this…
And this again...
As an incest survivor, it’s been a long hard journey reclaiming my voice after years of being silenced as a child. I want to use it again in response to today's rhetoric of hate and fear.
I will never stop. But your support will make it possible for me to not only write and speak more than once in a while or piece by piece, but to sing again.
So many stories to tell, songs to sing and dreams waiting to come true...
Let's see what we can do -- together.
With all my heart, thank you.
~ Keeping the Dream