Keeva Harlockis creating comix about life as a trans girl witch in the American South
Priestesses of Keev receive:
- The same high-res PDF copy of my monthly witchpunk zine as the initiates do, as well as...
- An oldschool PRINT copy, delivered right to their door in meatspace!
- One personal tarot reading (for each month that you're subscribed at this level).
About Keeva Harlock
My main project is Transmission:199X, a comic about my life growing up trans, goth, witchy, fat, and poor in the American South. My goal is to one day turn these strips into a long-form narrative graphic novel -- imagine something like the Fun Home of trans lady witches.
I also do a lot of smaller strips about girl stuff, witchcraft, gender, politics, art, and more. Right now these include diary comix, GIRL ROOMS (a short series about how girl's rooms are a generative space for self-creation), GHOST ROOMS (a sequel about the rooms of my non-binary and agender friends), and Black Tape Sister (a short comic about frustrated queer desire and listening to The Smiths).
If you become a patron, you'll get access to my monthly zine in which I collect everything I've been working on that month. Usually this will include:
- Updates to Transmission:199X
- Updates to the shorter ongoing projects like GIRL ROOMS
- A collection of daily diary comix
- Pixel art, usually of horrible occult monsters or the like
- Sketches and drawings I thought were interesting
- Writings about art (usually something about other comics, books I'm reading, TV shows, pop culture-y stuff)
- Writings about witchcraft and feminism
- Whatever else strikes my fancy
You can check out some of my work at my website, Transmission:199X, or see some samples below:
~* SAMPLES *~
Most updates of Transmission:199X are just weird stories based on things that happened to me, told from a queer perspective. Some are sad, some are funny, most are some combination of the two:
You're a Star -- April 2019
Friends of the ABC -- April 2018
The idea behind Girl Rooms is to look at the rooms of my friends in a weird way, in the hopes that the different viewpoints will add to something like an image of who that friend is. I see the project as a whole being about the way these rooms work as spaces of creation: both in the sense of creative work and in the sense of creating one's self.
Maggie - May 2019
These are examples of the kinds of things you might see from my sketchbook, as well as samples of my pixel art. Some of these are just stand-alone drawings; others might find their way into larger projects over time.
October Rust - October 2018 (a seed for Black Tape Sister)
Outside King's - Fall 2018
Hermetic Guardian - Summer 2017
Glorb - Summer 2017
Archangel - Summer 2017
Abraxas - Fall 2017
Caim the President - Summer 2017
Equipment Screen from RPG Project, "GALYA: Legend of Hell Castle"
A Forest - Fall 2017
Thanks so much for checking out my work. Anything that you contribute not only gets you the monthly zine, but also translates into more time in which I can spend producing my comix and other art -- art that I hope resonates with some other souls out there in the world. The opportunity to do this work and make those connections means the world to me. Thanks for your support!