Kelvyn Koningis creating Music and Poetry
Select a membership level
- I will write a jingle for you!
- You will receive a free copy of Teaching Snakes To Sing
- You will receive early access to updates, tickets, and releases.
- I will be eternally grateful.
About Kelvyn Koning
Welcome and thank you for your multi-faceted support! My name is Kelvyn Koning and I am a singer, pianist, composer, lyricist, and poet. Being an artist is a journey with many challenges and many rewards, and it is certainly a journey that I cannot do alone. I am starting this page because I need YOUR help to keep fervently working on many projects that I hope will encourage, heal, and inspire all who they reach. Here are some of those projects I am working on now or planning to start soon:
- The Prince & The Painter - A fantasy musical with Rebecca Wright, addressing cultural "othering" and generational impact. We did a reading of this musical in Feb. 2020 and are working on revisions for a full-length show! See part of the first finished draft here: https://www.facebook.com/kelvyn.koning/videos/3301...
- The Glassblower's Daughter - An American fairy tale musical with Zareh Artinian, featuring a feminist coming of age story. We're looking into a showing in Fall 2020.
- Teaching Snakes To Sing - My first poetry book, about how music has impacted my identity. Packed to the gills with all sorts of poems from free verse to haiku to ode, playful, thoughtful, somber, and sweet. This book has something for almost everyone, and covers poetry from my teenage years till now. Expected arrival 5/4/20.
- Nightingale - A vocal ensemble of conductors, composers, and of course, singers. I co-founded this group with four of my friends and colleagues in Jan. 2019 with the goal of innovative programming and the ability to perform new music written by members of the ensemble, including myself! We're getting our wings off the ground and performing concerts throughout the year. https://www.facebook.com/NightingaleVocalEnsemble/
- Gospel in the Key of Jazz - The impeccable Brysien Beer and I are planning a gospel and jazz concert series for Boston Aug. 2020 in an effort to expand this genre in the Boston music scene and support young and diverse artists.
- First Album - I've starting writing songs with the goal of creating my first album, with flavors of gospel, jazz, R&B, and a cappella. Some of these tunes will be premiered at the August concert with Brysien.
- Choral Music - I am always looking to set poetry and write choral music to share with schools, colleges/universities, and community groups. Please let me know if you are looking for new music or for a countertenor or pianist to perform!
Become a patron to
Connect via private message
Recent posts by Kelvyn Koning
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method