Can't describe how excited I am about Patreon and all the possibilities it presents for content creators like myself. I have always been terrible asking for donations, and felt sorry for those few who donate money for things I create. Now there is an easy and equal chance for everyone to be part of the creations I do.
So what are these creations then? They are wide and varied. I have always been extremely interested in Linux and BSD, and been running various sized servers since elementary school. Game servers are some sort of a passion of mine, as are external tools for many games I enjoy playing. A few examples of those are listed here:
- Ragnarok Online market scanner for bargain deals
- Runescape market tools
- Travian simulator for counting the best starting strategy, separate food calculator for supporters of World Miracle construction
- EVE Online market profit calculator, separate tool for miner kills to find unfortunate miners at certain region and recruiting them
- EVEScout, intelligence gathering service
- Various parsers for many game outputs
- many many others, already downed services
Last but not least, I have a desire to create my own games. I have a few really good ideas but I want to gather a community around these creations from the very beginning and get them involved in the game development. Platforms which I have planned supporting are browser based games, some PC games and possibly mobile games (Android first, others may come later).
As a Patron you will have a chance to help me fund some of these servers. But even a bigger thing is the support you give, showing that I am on the right track. As a Patron you also have a say in the games and the tools I make, maybe even getting something useful for your own gaming experience too. Not a bad deal I'd say?