Patreon is an ongoing crowdfunding site that allows writers and other creatives get paid for doing what we love. It's pretty simple; you can:
- pledge as little as $1 per creation (which includes blog content and podcasts),
- cap your monthly contribution so you are sure to stay within your budget;
- get awesome rewards while helping me produce more content.
There are costs to keeping this content fresh and update including:
- Website and podcast hosting
- Equipment like a quality microphone, editing software, etc.
- Production of content; research, writing, recording, and editing
- Maintaining Internet access
My Patrons are the backbone of my work, so without you guys, I couldn't make this possible. That is why I offer my Patrons exclusive rewards they can't find anywhere else, including access to dialogue with me.
Inside my Patreon feed is where you can interact with me. You won't find me spreading myself thin across social media platforms or giving these offers away anywhere else. So check out the reward levels on the right-hand side of the screen for more details. ➡➡➡➡
Do I have to pay in US Dollars?
No. Pay in any currency! As this is a US-based website, everything is written in dollars, but you can use any currency and it will be automatically converted.
How many creations will you put out monthly?
- Flashes of Liberty will be three times a month.
- Dare to Think Podcasts will be published once a month.
- Written content will be published separately from the podcasts; approximately 1-2 times a week.
Can I limit how much I give per month?
Yes! When you become a patron, you have the option to cap your monthly contribution so that you never go over your budget.
Why do you charge per creation instead of per month?
I believe in getting paid for the work that I publish, and so getting paid per creation is a motivation for me. And since you can put a maximum on what you're willing to pay, you get to decide how much to pay per month. It's a win-win for both us!
I don't have much money, can I still become a Patron?
Yes, please only sign up to donate what you can easily afford, and be sure to cap your contribution. Even $1 per creation will make a huge difference and is greatly appreciated. You can also support by sharing my content with your friends and family.
Yes of course! You can just log in to change or cancel the account whenever you want. Just remember that when you cancel, you lose out on future discount rewards.
What is the refund policy?
I understand life happens and will be happy to refund the current month's charge if you contact me before the 7th day of the month. I cannot give refunds for previous months, or if you contact me after the 7th. To ensure a prompt response, you'll want to message me through Patreon. Thank you!