My name is Jamaal Ephriam, also known as Key Jay or XTREEMMAK in other circles. I’m just your friendly neighborhood creator man, fuel injected with more than 26 years of creative awesomeness and with an inspirational drive that has zero brakes!
Wait what?....Stats or it didn’t Happen!Let’s check under the hood. You’re riding high with a musician who has been doing music since he was 5 years old; playing piano, singing, a little bass guitar, drums, electric guitar, and yeah...at one point trombone (legacy system ^_^).
You’ve also got a geek under there, avid gamer, manga and anime lover, tech stuff enthusiast, but also a programmer and aspiring web and software developer...hey, I told you before, NO BRAKES!
And PLEASE don’t get me started with the add-on upgrades; dabbling in comics, voice acting, video post editing, music production, a YouTube channel with VGM covers and originals, two official EP releases, 1 published web comic, and more.
(Me as producer, creator and writer, Carlos Herrera as Artist)
(Me as producer, creator and writer, Carlos Herrera as Artist)
See More of my work?
Try: My Website | YouTube | Sound Cloud
So what’s this here Patreon Mr.Magic Man?
So getting away from the car puns, Patreon is an amazing system that enables fans to directly support the creatives they love with the added perk of getting what they really want from the creator; It's full control and creativity without compromise. So basically, no more doing weird sound effects of helicopter shark kittens for a greedy audio greeting card publisher for the sake of paying rent, or for Wednesday’s dinner cup of Ramen…sidebar, if you do find an audio greeting card with a helicopter shark kitten, please tweet me XD.
Creatives like myself receive an ongoing payment on a monthly basis, though unlike most self hosted website platforms or "hodgepodge PayPal integrations", YOU have the extra ability to control how much or how little you want to support at any given time with the added security of a dedicated team handling your contribution securely. So in other words, if you need that extra $5 for that cup of coffee, no worries! You can simply pause your pledge and support me at a later time! You’re free to stop, start, decrease, or increase your pledge, whenever you choose.
You also get a bunch of other cool rewards looped in for being such a super cool type person.
Why did you start a Patreon?With me primarily being a solo act, most duties for my content such as web development, video post production, and even mastering (finalization) are solely my responsibility which ultimately eats away at my time for true content production. The immediate benefit of Patreon is that I can offload some of these tasks to other people such as a dedicated mastering engineer.
As this Patreon grows, so will the requirements in dealing with larger and more involved yet EPIC productions (large orchestrations with live players, multi team 3D Game development, music videos, and more). These added complexities for production incur additional costs; Studios will need to be booked, entire spaces will need to be reserved (sometimes for days at a time), platform licensing costs will need to be considered, full development teams booked, and more.
Draft key pose work for prospect unannounced game production
I have a vested interest in the creation of many forms of entertainment, mainly music, games, and video…and I like to shoot high. I’m extremely grateful for working with some truly amazing talent over the years and thanks to them, I’ve grown accustomed to a specific level of quality that is hard to find compromise. But I won’t stop there, I aim to extend that quality TO THE MOON.
With the way the entertainment industry is today, Patreon is one of THE BEST ways to give creatives a fighting chance to live doing what they do best!
How will you use funds?Patreon provides a way to insulate my costs for production and optimistically, could become my livelihood if you so choose!
Here's the plan. To start, in the short run, a lot of my expenses will go towards:
- Paying other musicians and artists for their work
- Music mix finalization (mastering)
- Paying for graphic artists for concept, line, ink, and color work (this can be anywhere from a single to four different artists)
- Paying other voice actors for dramatic works
- Repairing and replacing damaged production equipment (a big one considering part of my studio needs repair).
- Purchasing mechanical use licenses for video game covers for iTunes distribution
- Renting studio space to record ensembles (and paying for another engineer for those sessions)
- Printing samples (for cons and events to share the love ^_^)
- ...and general living expenses (food and transportation) to transition to creating this kind of content as a full time career.
Overtime in the long run and with greater support, funds will be budgeted towards:
- Securing full teams for production (such as graphic houses for game assets)
- Increase audio studio time and further segment duties to other audio engineers (such as mixing and studio setup)
- Hiring managers to oversee a multi major production machine.
- ...and even giving back to YOU, with possible exclusive events, giveaways and raffles, or even (as a community agreement) giving to a cause like the ALS foundation.
Just to name a few.
What else do I get?Besides the amazing inner joy from helping a fellow creator, depending on how much you contribute, you will receive the corresponding reward as a thank you for your support (check the column to your right (PC) or below (Mobile))! And since I’ve been meaning to set up another blog, what better way than right here on Patreon. No matter how much you choose to contribute you will have access to my activity feed here on my Patreon page!
Conclusion!I am a visionary to the core and I’m only getting started. Even now I’m planning a major project to showcase a prototype of by the end of this year. I’ve come very far off the backs, sweat, and blood of others; musicians I have known and died (RIP D.G.V.), and other artists that still inspire me to this day with their creative energy. This is another step towards my life goal; striving to make an everlasting and meaningful impact on both the world and my community in entertainment.
It’s time to get the keys...let’s go for a ride!
The TL;DR Version
- Hey! I create lots of stuff like music, audio productions, and such!
- CAR PUNS!
- Patreon is awesome. Patreon IS THE FUTURE! Starting search for Helicopter Shark Kitten greeting card.
- Using to reduce production time by securing other people bruh.
- I also want to make bigger things, but studios and repairs be costly yo!
- Budget utilization yo; that's legit.
- You get stuff!
- The passion is real. BELIEVE IT!
- Outro video...この番組はご覧のスポンサーの提供でお送りします。