- Improve your UX by reducing latency in your app or game. Spend less time waiting on the backend.
- Design custom solutions that aren't possible with more opinionated frameworks. Get the flexibility you need, wherever you need it.
- Scale your app with fewer servers. Reduce operational expenses and free up cash to spend on making your app even better.
- Highly-optimized, extensible code base
- Intuitive routing via URI templates and REST-inspired resource classes
- Easy access to headers and bodies
- DRY request processing via middleware components and hooks
- Idiomatic HTTP error responses
- Straightforward exception handling
- Snappy unit testing through WSGI helpers and mocks
- CPython 2.7, PyPy 2/3, and CPython 3.4+ support
- ~20% speed boost when Cython is available
Upcoming Features (Dependent on Backing)
- ASGI/asyncio support
- websocket routing
- Native multipart/form-data handling
- Debugging server
- ...and more!
Over the past few years, Falcon's popularity has skyrocketed, and the framework is used today by a number of large and small businesses around the world. This has created a major challenge for me in terms of continuing to provide timely support to developers while adding additional requested features to the framework.
In July of 2017 I made the decision to leave Rackspace so that I could focus on directly helping web designers and developers succeed with their projects. As part of this work, I would like to continue supporting and developing the Falcon framework, but I need your help.
Your patronage helps support the continued development and maintenance of the Falcon framework. Your generous contribution not only goes directly to support my own work on the project, but also helps subsidize the cost for John Vrbanac (jmvrbanac) and other community leaders to develop new features and to engage with the community at PyCon and other venues.
Thank you for your support!
- Kurt Griffiths (kgriffs)