kicis creating reckless gaming entertainment on YT and Twitch.
Select a membership level
Cat Cam Fan
Your $1/month tells me you enjoy being part of this community and want to see it grow bigger and better. At this level, you will:
- Feel good about using Adblock because you're supporting content development while not seeing ads on YouTube. If you're a YouTube Premium user, you get bonus karma*.
- Get access to occasional Patreon-only posts.
- Be eligible to play on the Patreon community server (once the goal is reached).
- Depending upon the game being played and if it's possible, your name will go onto a list for characters/things to be named after. Imagine it, I could name a horse after you! Or a race car! Or a leper! "Oh no, Joe lost his arm!"
- To-be-announced extra reward.
*Bonus karma not guaranteed.
Cat Cam SUPER Fan
Your $5/month is a big support that goes to bettering what is already an awesome community. In addition to the previous reward tier, you will:
- Feel extra awesome for negating the use of Adblock by thousands of people. Sure, you're almost halfway to YouTube Premium, but you'd miss out on these other awesome things.
- Get access to a monthly Patreon post where I talk about the channel, games we'll be playing, plans on streaming, exclusive photos, and various bits and bobs.
- Depending upon the game being played and if it's possible, your name will go onto an exclusive PRIORITY list for characters/things to be named after. Imagine it, I could name a duck after you! Or a rocket ship! Or a zombie! "Bad dog! Stop gnawing on Joe's leg!"
Cat Cam Street Team
Everyone wants to go after the big guys, but the heroes on the street are the ones making a daily difference. Be on the Cat Cam Street Team for less than $.50 per show. In addition to the previous reward tiers you will:
- Hear (and see!) your name in a monthly Patreon thank you video once this reward is unlocked (proper pronunciation not guaranteed). Offensive names will be ignored, so don't be that person!
Who am I?I'm kic and if you like ARK, 7 Days to Die, Rimworld, or a variety of other games, maybe you've seen my videos on YouTube. I've been doing this since January, 2014 and have posted well over 1800 videos since then. I regularly stream on Twitch, and while doing all of this, I behave in a family friendly way that encourages viewers of all walks of life to participate in a positive, supportive, and yes, a little snarky and sarcastic community. It seems that they like my reckless, no holds barred style of play, and I like to deliver that.
Along the way you may have noticed I have a cat. Heck, if you look at the top of this page you'll see a cat. That's Standard Recording Cat. She's pretty awesome, and the majority of the time she's hanging out with me while I record and stream. You'll see her sitting in my lap, sleeping in my lap, bathing in my lap, playing with my computer mouse, and so on and so forth. Less seen, but no less important, is Alternate Recording Cat. She's sometimes seen in my lap, though these days more often seen walking in front of the camera. They're both awesome cats, and they're both a big part of this channel because it's a real piece of my life I like to share with the viewers, and because everyone knows the internet was invented as a means of sharing cat videos.
What's this Patreon thing?If you've ever watched someone's videos, listened to their music, enjoyed their art, or what have you and thought, "I'd like to support them doing more awesome stuff," that's Patreon. Instead of going through a publisher or production company, you can directly support someone's endeavors (minus Patreon's cut, of course, which is fairly small).
If you get some value out of watching my videos or joining my streams, then I ask you to return that value in the form of monetary support on Patreon. Ultimately, that's my pitch to you: value for value. I provide you value in content, and you provide value in support. To be clear: this is not a requirement. You don't have to pay anyone anything, aside from your internet service provider... unless you're using free WiFi at your local cafe.
I would like to ask you for $1 of support every month. Yes, $1--that's all. If you break that $1 down, you're getting at least 20 pieces of content every month, and that assumes I only do one video per weekday for the month. Considering I often do two per weekday, or I do a video and a random stream (that's the length of several videos), you're getting a lot for your dollar. In fact, you're spending less than $.05 (that's five cents!) per video and stream that I host. Put another way, you're spending $.01 every five minutes AT WORST.
I don't know about you, but I think that's a pretty darn good deal.
What am I doing with this money?
Your support helps me do more. How? With the additional funds I can afford to do things that I can't always do. Maybe more VR videos would be fun, but I need a new microphone setup. Or maybe better lighting would help the cat cam. Or maybe the new, hot game (yes, that one, and the other one as well!) can be pre-ordered for the channel. In more practical terms, it might mean being able to do more livestreams or upload a video on a day I don't normally post. For you, the viewer, it means that with the combined might of this awesome commnunity, you'll get even more content with better production value. More! It's crazy talk, but it's true.
If every one of my YouTube subscribers were to pledge $1/month towards the continued creation of fun, entertaining, positive content, I could instantly quit my day job and make two or three times as much content. No joke! But, I also know that not every subscriber still sees my videos or is able to afford that $1, and that's okay. I want to reiterate that last point: I know that not everyone is able to spend an extra $1 every month. I'll still be here, and you can still enjoy the content. If you find yourself in a place where you can consider supporting me on Patreon down the road, that's great, too. But, as Bowie said, you gotta' hang on to yourself!
In case you want to spend a little more, yes, you can donate $5 every month, or $10, or what have you. In fact, for those who do so, I think you'll find the ways I have of thanking you to be pretty fun and rewarding. In fact, for the intrepid, you can even tell me what to do.
You made it to the end!
That's my pitch. Value for value. Think about it. And if you're able to, consider throwing $1 per month my way to help grow the channel and make it even better than it already is. This is, and always has been, a labor of love, and I want to share it with you.
$0 of $50 per month
1 of 6