KILNOUTICAis creating Interactive art/konst, hot glass art, clay adventures, art books
Select a membership level
Eftersom det ser ut som om jag kommer behöva göra minst ett års avbrott från mitt brödjobb under kommande läsår kommer jag akut att behöva få in en motsvarande inkomst för mitt arbete som heltidskonstnär någon annanstans ifrån. Tankarna har landat på att prova fullt ut om det finns riktigt många människor som skulle vilja bli månadsstödjare som tillsammans kunde bära det året. Vill man får man så klart gärna fortsätta sponsra mitt konstnärskap efter det året gått.
It seems that I will have to step down for at least one year from my breadjob as an arts teacher from this next semester and therefore I will be in acute need of finding an income for my work as a full time artist from someplace else. I have come to the conclusion that I will try to ask here if there are really many persons that would like to become monthly supporters so that together you would carry me throught this year. If wanted you could always stay as a patreon after that first year.
Many small contributions could build up to fulfill my goals of being an independent artist. I will be thankful to all long-term patreons! (5$ = ca 50 SEK)
Everyone signing up to become a mini supporter will recieve a signed small fire print made in my studio and lot's of love!
(Texts only in English for now - men snart kommer även översättning till svenska!)
Join me for this journey to make my work work. My kilns are my space fleet and materials like molten glass, raw clay, paper, steel and more equals fuel my dreams.
In short; being a Swedish artist upnorth in the middle of nowhere I make art.
My works are large scale interactive art works to pop up in public spaces - but also smaller pieces of art/craft. My name is Åsa Maria Hedberg and I've got a BA of Fine Arts from studies in South Africa and the UK and a MA of Culture and Arts from Finland.
I have been working as an artist more or less my whole life, but from time to time I have of course needed to have a bread job on the side. I have mostly done commissions for public sites for different municipalities, counties and also a commission for the Swedish Public Art Agency. These works sit in cityscapes, public schools, a public swimming pool, office buildings...
Sometimes I feel very restricted by these jobs as they tend to come with many constraints due to safety rules, material durational guaranties and artistic and aesthetic limitations regarding freedom of expression. Public commissions in Sweden are nowadays all subject to procurement and I am often one of three artists (from hundreds that send in an application) that get a paid sketch assignment. Getting that far in the process I have struggled to accept the times that my proposal isn't chosen.
From an insight that the process of being in a constant procurement situation is not what's best for my art- I have now decided to work in a much more free and true to my art-mode.
SHOUTOUT OF HOPE TO PATREONS
After years of struggles to wing an income making public large scale art my new page here is a hopeful shoutout to potential patreons. My hope to keep making art lies in some people liking what I make feeling a YES: this I will definitivelt want to support!
Please find a little list with glimpses of what I make below and then act! I will be thankful for life for any support, small or large.
IN THE PIPELINE
I literally have millions of art ideas and projects that are just waiting to come true.
Here are a few teasers;
- Large scale ceramic and glass/scrap metal sculpture. We're talking walk-in-to size, ok? I believe art that encloses You as a visitor/owner/experiencer makes just a stronger impact and stays as a bodily remembrance, a lived experience.
- Fire prints made from drawing on paper with molten glass
- The Circle book project - an unusual artist book to be printed in one hundred signed copies.
- Two illustrated childrens books with handmade prints (one being ready for print and the other a funnily illustrated 'The Overall Lexicon of All Existing types of Farts'... an icebreaker and factual book dedicated to children who suffer from stomach deseases or struggle with toilet training)
- Small scale art/crafts/jewellery like glass works combined with silver/bronze/tin.
- An interactive clay art project collecting footprints of refugees and natives mixed together called IMPRINT/IMPRESSION is just waiting to be transacted. An art institution is waiting for the fired tiles to store them as a symbolic act as soon as all the tiles are fired and the fire circles are performed and documented...
When I reach the goal of earning 100$ a month I will start planing and after a few months start my contemporary artist pop-ups welcoming everyone to join in my art actions in clay/hot glass...!
...eller på svenska; om jag börjar nå en ungefärlig summa av 2000 SEK/månad så jag ser att jag klarar min ekonomi för ateljéarbetet kommer jag att börja planera för 'utmanande samtidskonst-pop ups' - och ge mig ut på små deltagarbaserade konstperformances runt om i landet...