- running an independent (and free) public makerspace in our capital city of Kota Kinabalu;
- mapping relevant funding opportunities to tech communities;
- encouraging cross-community technical sharing;
- organising hands-on educational and training events for students and young adults; and,
- seeding new grassroots in other parts of our state.
We are here because we believe that the greatest growth potential for our society lies in expanding access to technology, be it hardware, skills and/or mindset. We promote the maker culture of DIY and self-sufficiency. We seek not to be just consumers of technology, but to be creators too!
Our community leads are 100% volunteers, and either students or working 9-to-5 jobs - pretty commonplace for any grassroots organisations in our country. Nevertheless, we have expanded rapidly over the years in spite of the challenges and we look forward to even loftier goals in the near future - laying the groundwork for local ecosystems and industries of tomorrow: social enterprises, automation, games, IoT (Internet of Things), and more!
All funds collected will go towards maintaining and improving our online connectivity and maker-related infrastructure. Any extra funds will go towards supporting our member communities and their outreach and education/training programmes.
On behalf KC and the communities under our "umbrella", we would like to thank you for your time and patronage :)
- Kinabalu Coders
- Smartspace Kota Kinabalu Makerspace Community
- Borneo 3D'ers (3D Printing Group)
- Raspberry Pi Jam Kota Kinabalu
- The Roboneo project and Arduino-based electronics
- #pentesting / #infoseckk / Information Security Group
- Google Business Group Kota Kinabalu
- Game Developers Club Kota Kinabalu
- Gamers Sabahan Tribe (Competitive Gaming Group)
- Kinabalu ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicles)
- FilmCamp Kota Kinabalu
- Open Data and Big Data Group
- Sabah Open Source Group
- Kinabalu A.I. and Robotic Initiative Group
P.S. If there is anything here that interests you or you simply want to find out more about what we do, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected] or reach out to us via our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/KinabaluCoders