Thank you for visiting my page! I'm Christopher Tompkins, a scholar of Sanskrit and Tantrik Yoga History. You can learn more about me here.
For the last decade, I have devotedly researched hundreds of mostly un-published Tantrik texts spanning 1,400 years of un-chartered Yoga history. My focus has been on the role and evolution of Kundalinī and the Chakras in Tantrik Yoga, with a specialization for deciphering the actual daily practices.
I've found extensive evidence that Kundalini Shakti was originally experienced as a liberating sonic power, drawn down from the crown of the head (in the subtle body). My goal is to illuminate the daily Kundalinī-based Yoga practice from which our current streams of modern yoga -including embodied practices- have emerged.
Patrons who support me here with a monthly donation will receive:
- updates on current writing posted only in Patreon
- forum to ask questions on all of my research, answered weekly
- access to a monthly online Webinar (live, but also recorded) in which you can receive translations on the teachings of Kundalinī, Chakras & original practices, as well as ask questions to unpack this rich history.
- monthly members-only pdf translations from the original Sanskrit on Kundalinī and the Chakras, from (mostly) un-published Tantric texts. Here's a look at the breadth of texts I'm working with (video).
- special guided meditations, as audio files. These will include translations of previously unknown Gayatri Mantras (from the Tantras), and Shākta (Goddess)-based Samyoga meditations.
If you would like to only make a one time donation: