"The way she articulates her thoughts and ideas is easy to follow. Her writings are like taking medicine with a spoonful of sugar." - Tawnya Brown, patron
You're exhausted by the polarizing conversations you're seeing on social media. You're feeling confined by the labels that other's expect you to wear. You're feeling stressed about being stressed.
You're feeling tense, tired, and trapped and you're not even sure why.
And before you can transform others, you first need to transform you.
So, how can you get that done?
Write about it.
Yes, I'm serious.
Writing is an act of burning.
You write about the internal oppression, unhealed wounds, and toxic beliefs you hold. You write to heal. You write to uncover your true voice. You write to burn through the sh*t.
When you do, you finally have the courage to use the beauty of your truth to stand against the bigger problem - systemic oppression, white patriarchy, and white supremacy.
The expressive writing prompts you'll get when you become a patron is designed to do just that - burn through your toxic core beliefs.
Through the practice of writing without editing or censoring yourself, the expressive writing prompts will help you uncover the roots of your internal oppression.
Through the loving guidance of me, your expressive writing coach, and the support of this exclusive community, all working on their own internal oppression, you'll finally be able to:
- Decolonize your ancestry and spirituality, so you embrace your indigenous rituals, folklore, mythologies, symbols, and narratives
- Heal from historical and personal trauma so you stop repeating destructive generational patterns
- Release white fragility, white centring, and spiritual bypassing so you become a better ally to people of colour
- Use your righteous anger to confront social injustice and pursue the causes that align more with your values
- Speak confidently about social justice without feeling like you're going to say something dumb or wrong
- Rediscover who you are so you can powerfully release the programming and expectations of who you should be
- Feel liberated and free from the constraints holding you back from pursuing your true purpose
About Your Expressive Writing Mentor
My name is Leesa Renee Hall. You can call me Leesa. It's pronounced Lisa, and not Leza, Leeza, or Liesa (although they're probably really great people).
I've written seven non-fiction books, three stage plays, a one woman show, the first volume of a historical fiction, plus countless personal essays which seem to inspire and provoke.
My most favourite style of writing is expressive writing.
Expressive writing gives me the freedom to write without censoring or editing myself. I've used expressive writing to help me find my true voice and to heal from historical and persona trauma.
When I tasted my soul's words, I realized I was starving.
After feeding my words to my many pages, I now share this nourishment with others. That's why when you become a patron, not only will you get the weekly expressive writing prompts, you'll also get access to my writings on the ways systemic oppression shows up in the words and tools we use. I write every morning at 4:30am and I'm amazed at what the Divine pours into me. I can't wait to share these writings with you.
Join this exclusive community by choosing your preferred reward level and let's mix some medicine with sugar and drink this truth elixir together.