The Society for Liminal Cartographyis creating Interactive Maps of the Thin Places that Surround Us
Select a membership level
Basic Society Membership
You'll receive an official printable membership certificate for mounting on the wall of your study/map-room, illustrating your dedication to the Society, as well as access to our super-secret, exclusive patron-only posts.
We'll also thank you by name in The Liminal Explorer, our semi-regular newsletter!
Class C Cartographer
You'll also receive a lovely Deluxe Membership Certificate with your first Zine!
(First zine/certificate will arrive at the next Equinox/Solstice after 4 months of membership at this level)
About The Society for Liminal Cartography
Our work has been featured both locally and nationally in Vice, the Seattle Times, KUOW, Mysterious Universe and many more (see our Press Page).
While some paranormal enthusiasts take their work incredibly seriously, Kelly and Puma keep it light. The map contains some hilarious accounts that go beyond simple ghost and UFO sightings. One account from Denver tells the tale of a mystery cassette tape with the instructions“DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS TAPE” and the storyteller explains that it was clearly left by time traveller“from the past, or from the future when cassettes got retro-cool again. Puma said that he and Kelly are“interested in amassing data points from the full spectrum of‘weird’ experiences.”
WHAT ARE OUR MEMBERS FUNDING?
By supporting the Society for Liminal Cartography, you are helping with:
- Liminal Cartography-- The Society is establishing chapters and on-boarding regional ambassadors, creating maps in as many human settlements as possible.
- Liminal Expeditions-- We are exploring selected sites from the Map and beyond, looking into their history, and recording what we find in Zines, Podcasts, and other media.
- Liminal Tools — We are creating tools for remythologizing your landscape, both inside and out. From pendulums to plant formularies to oracular systems, we’re developing and testing Liminal Tools and making them available to you.
With the help of our patrons, we are currently able to produce:
- A Podcast
- A Monthly Newsletter
- Liminal Zines
- An oracle deck
- Lively social media and discord communities
- A Liminal Ambassador Program
- Tabling and speaking engagements
- Printed Copies of The Map
- Liminal Guidebooks to <Your Town Here>
- Guided Tours of Liminal Places
- Liminal Earth Mobile App
- Paranormal Trivia Nights
- Liminal Brick and Mortar Gift Shop / World Headquarters
- AND MORE...!
To help us expand, we are offering some EXCLUSIVE perks for members that we're sure you'll find interesting.
ABOUT THE SOCIETY FOR LIMINAL CARTOGRAPHY
The motto of the S.L.C. is“The Map Is The Territory.”
Principals of Liminal Cartography
- “Respect the mystery”
- “Be nice to entities”
- Remythologize your landscape
- Normalize the paranormal