As a Lean In leader for the past five years, I’ve seen groups cooperate and, thereby, exceed their individual potentials. I’ve also seen too many mission-aligned groups doing nearly identical work separately, perhaps #TooScaredToShare. As a neutral bridge builder, I act as a catalyst for cooperation and bridging uniting those who are #HappyToShare.
I connect underutilized leaders to act powerfully together and more fully contribute to our community. My qualifications? Check me out. Or browse testimonials about my bridge building track record.
After five years as a volunteer, I'd like your ongoing support and backing so I can be a more powerful bridge builder. Your backing allows me to increase my skills and lead more effectively. Questions about Patreon? See the FAQs.
Want more details on what I'm doing and why I need financial support? See this The How of Bridging and my draft Bridging Manifesto.
Curious why others are supporting bridging? See the three most common reasons here.
What will you gain if you contribute?
As a backer, YOU will receive the following three BIGa benefits.
- B eBelonging - By backing me, you become part of an awesome bridging team. Meet current team members via my "Builders of Bridging" posts on LinkedIn and Facebook.
- I n Inspiration - This is a wild experiment. When you support bridging, it's likely to inspire you to pursue your dreams and strengthen your own network.
- G GGratitude - Your support is a BIG deal to me. I am incredibly grateful to have a team to hold me accountable to act and think in bigger and bolder ways. To show that gratitude, there are specific rewards based on a backer's level of giving. There are also rewards that go to everyone on the bridging team like a list of favorite resources, a team directory, pathways to bridging (tools and spaces), and more.
I am building bridges and bigger tables.
The Lean In movement emboldens women to pursue their ambitions and to “sit at the table” where decisions are made. My vision includes more women at decision-making tables and bigger tables with a wider range of community leaders. Research shows that organizations benefit from more diverse voices and a wider range of thinking and leadership styles. We need to remove the barrier for leaders, like myself, who’ve previously never dreamed of sitting at decision-making tables.
I started building bridges and bigger tables when I founded the Midwest Feminist Brain Trust with two other local activists. Similarly, I've created more places for Lean In leaders and health promoters to connect and share with one another. Bridging comes second nature to me.
With your support, I will more equipped to accomplish my top three goals:
1. Bridge divisions. I use Facebook and LinkedIn as collaborative spaces to foster meaningful contact and cooperation between community leaders and groups.
2. Leverage collective wisdom, resources, and networks. I envision the Brain Trust, Lean In and health promoters as families whose members support one another. Activities include peer mentoring, shared databases, sharing live broadcasts, and in-person gatherings that include conferences.
3. Share collaboration best practices. The Brain Trust, Lean, In and health promoters are each creating scalable hubs for community leaders which then serve as models for other groups creating inclusive networks.
Ready to become a Builder of Bridging?
An ongoing pledge of any amount will make a BIG difference. Artist Amanda Palmer says that if contributing to a kickstarter campaign is like going on a serious date, Patreon is like getting married. Thus, I'm metaphorically asking you to marry me and you will always have the option of ending your monthly contribution with no hard feelings and only gratitude.
If 3,000 people give $1 a month ($12 a year) or 600 people give $5 a month ($60 a year), I will have the support to more effectively and sustainably build bridges. You can think of your contribution like buying me coffee or a meal once a month.
You can also give a one-time donation via venmo, paypal or giving me cash or a check. Questions? See the FAQs.
Please note, the Midwest Feminist Brain Trust and Lean In are part of my bridging work, but the funding is of me personally rather than the Brain Trust or Lean In.
Limited financial resources? This bridge building project is about accessibility. Due to the generosity of current backers, you can join the team for one year at no charge just by asking.
Got a friend who might want to support bridge building?
Please tell a friend about this initiative, share it on social media, or sent me feedback.
With passion, vulnerability and commitment (also known as love),
#bridging #happytoshare #feminist #takingmyselfseriously