Who are you?We are LoadingReadyRun and we've been making internet comedy since 2003. Sketch comedy, podcasts, shorts, live streams…
We want to make you laugh!
We do that with: Feed Dump, Friday Nights, the Crapshots, TapTapConcede, Qwerpline, Sidewalk Slam, CheckPoint, and previously: Temple of the Lava Bears, Unskippable, Strip Search for Penny Arcade, Tabletop Deathmatch for Cards Against Humanity, and the Desert Bus for Hope fundraiser in support of Child's Play.
What's the Patreon for?Briefly, it's for us, to keep us doing what we do: entertain you.
Since we started crowdfunding, we've been overwhelmed by the support of our fans. The idea that we can support ourselves directly from our viewers, without having to charge a fee, without having to chase contracts… is amazing!
Not to say we won't work with third parties anymore, we love that work too, but we only want to be beholden to ourselves, and to our fans.
No, what is the Patreon FOR? Itemize this for me.Ah! Okay, we can do that. Right off the bat the Patreon will cover:
- A Crapshot mini-sketch, weekly*
- Feed Dump, our weekly look at weird news, that itself is weird
- CheckPoint, our weekly video gaming news and commentary show
- Our extensive programming calendar of LoadingReadyRun Streams, with some manner of live entertainment every day
- The TapTapConcede Magic: The Gathering podcast/vidcast, weekly
- Sidewalk Slam, a roughly bi-weekly look at the narratives and storyline of WWE wrestling
- Qwerpline, an "improvised" radio morning show from the town of Nsburg, bi-weekly
- LRRPLAY, various Let's Play series from members of the crew
- And… The Mystery Box
What is the Mystery Box, you ask? Great question, we'll get to it shortly.
First I want to talk Patreon Milestones! If we reach certain monthly goals, we will add yet more fun stuff to the above list! Including:
- A second Crapshot, weekly
- 6 episodes of commodoreHUSTLE, spread throughout the year
- A Loading Time "digest", behind the scenes of LRR, monthly
Sounds neat, what was that Mystery Box thing?Even we're not sure yet! Isn't that fun?
We want to use the time we're saving by not doing the weekly sketches to experiment a little. Try some new things! We have some ideas, but we don't know what's going to work and what isn't. It could be another podcast! Maybe another video series! Maybe just one video… maybe three? Who knows?
Things we've already found in the Mystery Box include:
- Sidewalk Slam, our narrative-focussed WWE podcast (continuing)
- Magnum Rewatch, Kathleen and Graham's look back at the 1980s classic (on temp. hiatus)
- Qwerpline, the fiction morning show broadcast from Nsburg (continuing)
- Fight the Future, an exploration of the apocalypse YA fiction (concluded)
- Sick Rips, animated shorts inspired by Magic cards (currently on production hold)
- LRRPLAY, Let's Play series, currently Minecraft and Fallout 4 (continuing)
There could be anything in the Mystery Box. Even a box! You're allowing us the time to find out.
I have some pressing questions.We thought you might. What's up?
Q: What about Friday Nights?
A: That keeps happening. Friday Nights is contract work with Wizards of the Coast. At present, we know of no plans to change this. Schedule subject to WotC.
Q: Phew. Wait, what about CheckPoint?
A: That's covered under the umbrella of LoadingReadyLive, so yes, it's still happening.
Q: Don't the Twitch streams support themselves?
A: Yes and no? The majority of our money comes from Viewers Like You™, but that includes subscriptions to our Twitch channel and here on Patreon. It all goes into one pile, and we use that pile for everything we do. It's symbiotic.
Q: So this Patreon will pay for whatever you find in The Mystery Box too?
A: That depends on what it is! Generally speaking, consider the Patreon "Mystery Box Research & Development". If we experiment on some new content, and we both (us, and you) decide that we like it, then we'll look into producing it. Several Mystery Box projects have already been incorporated into our Patreon offerings without additional funding.
If the scope of the project calls for it, we would fund it separately.
An example: for a 10-episode video series, we'd probably run a KickStarter just for that project, with an appropriately smaller scope.
Again, no plans currently, but we want you to know this could happen.
Q: So, if I support this Patreon, I get to see your stuff and other people don't?
A: No. We don't want to gate our content. Everything we make will still be free to watch or listen to. We want you to support us because you enjoy our work and want to support us.
Q: Why are some of the Milestones that high?
A: There's like 10 of us.
For serious though, you're helping pay for 3 full-time employees and about 5 part-time contractors, plus the other artists and creatives we pull in for various projects. We're already thankful that you've even read this far. Our goal is pay more people, so we can make more content.
Q: That all sounds good.
A: That wasn't a question, but I'm glad we agree.
Anything else?Only this: Thank you.
You're the reason we've been able to make it far, and you're why we keep doing it.
You're pretty great :)