Early in 2017, I launched a free e-course designed to help people heal their depression. You can access that on my blog at ImpowerYou.org. I want to offer this free forever and that's why I'm using Patreon. With your support, we can keep this resource free and create more healing projects.
I also publish a monthly creative arts zine called Radical. The focus is on healing through art and features work by independent artists, writers and healers. The zine is free, but the heart-work from each contributor takes time and money. With enough patrons, I will be able to pay contributors for their work. Check out my Posts page for current and past issues.
Here are some of my other projects:
- Coloring books with affirmations that are free to print from my website: Click here to see.
- An e-book collaboration of healers, artists and writers on the topic of radical self-care, available for free: Grab your copy today.
- Journal prompts and mindfulness practices: See recent posts
Want to join me?
In exchange for becoming a supporting patron, you receive exclusive rewards:
- Free copies of my e-books
- Sneak peaks at writing and covers before anyone else
- Acknowledgements in published work
- Art & Poetry mailed to you each month
Thank you to all my patrons and fans who are supporting free access to healing art and writing projects! Be sure to claim your rewards when you sign up!
Patreon is an opportunity for me to receive financial support from fans of my work (like you) on a monthly basis so I can continue creating art and writing with a focus on healing. You can choose from several monthly rewards like art and poetry (click here to see rewards).
Who am I? I'm an adventurer with an endless curiosity about our world and compassion for others, but I haven't always felt this way. For seventeen years my life was filled with a dark depression based on trauma in my early years. That period was filled with fear and doubt which caused me to become sick with a variety of problems. My healing journey has been both painful and beautiful over the years. I have a new wonder for life that was missing for so long.
What is Patreon?
Patreon is a sustainable way for artists to earn an income in the digital age of free downloads. It also allows you to get a more intimate, inside look at your favorite artists. By joining this community, you will help me continue offering e-courses, art, books that help people on their unique healing journey. As a patron your reward will be tangible items including art, writing and exclusive perks.
What will we be creating?
Empowering and creative art and writing projects. Some of what we create will be exclusively for patrons like you. Other things will be for the general public. The more patrons who join us, the more we can create!
Why do you have a goal of 200 Patrons? Once we reach 200 patrons you will receive my newest book collaboration about radical self love! So please consider sharing this page with friends and family. Patronage starts at just $1 a month.
Where does the money go?
The first 10% goes to Patreon/processing fees. The other 90% goes to funding cool art and writing projects and outreach to help others find their unique healing path:
- Art projects like my book collaboration about radical self-love
- Outreach to share the free e-course
- Coloring pages with positive affirmations
- Weekly meditations
- Weekly journal prompts
More FAQ's: Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to pay in US Dollars? No. You can pay in other currencies and the site will convert it into US Dollars.
How many creations will you create each month? It really depends. Some months will be juicier than others, but I have been creating new pieces of art or writing something new every week. I've been creating weekly meditations and journal prompts already!
I don't have much to give, can I still join? Absolutely! You can give as little as $1 a month or make occasional payments.
Can I stop payments? Yes, you can stop payments anytime by logging in to your account. Patreon only charges cards on the first of the month so you can cancel before or after that date.
Do you already make a lot of money selling books and art? I work diligently to promote my work, but my sales are not that high. What little I earn doesn't come close to paying for the time and energy I use. Plus, since my art can be easily shared, people download and use my art without paying. I also want to keep things like my e-course free for those who really need the help.
I have a question that isn't here! Please visit the Support Page, or send me a message!