Health(care) Innovation is my profession, not my work. I just don't have a 'job' but a passion that lets me talk to awesome patients and their family on what THEY think is needed to improve the way we deliver health(care). It also brings me to the most interesting people in the world from the creator of the Google Glass to astronauts, from Chancellor Angela Merkel to the best doctors and nurses on the globe. Below a bio a writer once wrote about me, that tells you a bit more. Maybe you hop over and join me in my videos where i share about my journey and my passion.
It is at the intersection of technology and patient empowerment, which is where Lucien Engelen (linkedin) (1962), director of the Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre REshape Center and advisor to the Board of Directors feels most at home. Combining two worlds at the Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre in The Netherlands and at Singularity University Sillicon Valley as well as in The Netherlands and increasingly in the Nordics his modus operandi is always to try to be challenging, sometimes provocative but always techno-realistic.
Advices, advised governments of Germany, Scotland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Canada, Belgium, Spain and corporates in tech, pharma and others.
His objective is to stay at the forefront of innovation and to create a soft landing in the future, meanwhile creating an optimal environment for sustainable global health(care) for all. Above all he's sharing that with the world as the (digital) transformation in health(care) is global.
- He blogs on LinkedIn as one of the initial 100 worldwide Influencers blog 675.000 followers)
- He shares a weekly newsletter about the stuff he reads you can subscribe to.
- A documentary about his work that aired on National TV "The patient in the lead" http://vimeo.com/96490030
- Interview BBC : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17373614
- Interview The Guardian : http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/mar/04/...
- His 2011 talk got to the big TED.com http://www.ted.com/talks/lucien_engelen_crowdsour...
- His website lucienengelen.com
- Awarded with prestigious CIO-Magazine TIM award 2015 "The most inspirational leader"
- Received the "Friend of nursing award 2016" from the Rho Chi at Large of Sigma Theta Tau International : "for his continuous work on #nurseincluded positioning nurses also at the forefront of innovation."