Malcolm Schmitzis creating literary excursions to other worlds
Select a membership level
Things you get:
- Access to Patreon feed- including exclusive stuff. Backstage passes, rough drafts, and more.
- Access to Q&As and author livestreams!
- Polls- want to decide what goes up for Worldbuilding Wednesday, or what project you'd like to see more of for a while? Now you can!
Things you get:
- Acknowledgement in all future books, by name.
- Early access to Running with Rats episodes.
- Special, once-a-month author livestream (dates to be determined.)
- Free copies of all ebooks I print.
- You may request I write on a specific topic- I may cover it as a side story, as a Worldbuilding Wednesday, or something else!
OK, give me the deets.
For the past year I've been writing Running with Rats, a web serial about thoughtforms who steal dreams in a dystopian dieselpunk city. If that doesn't sound like your kind of thing, I've written a bunch of other stuff-
- The Court of Stars: Christian tel Arundel, a gay knight and Lord of a noble family, must defend his homeworld from an alien invasion with the help of a sarcastic talking lizard.
- Chrysalis: On the internet, no one knows you're a bug- unless you tell them. But when Gregor undergoes a transformation, he'll need the help of his internet friends to survive.
- The Captain's Sphere: Ava Lovelace is a skyship captain first, a scientist second, and a noblewoman third. To pursue her vocation- hunting eldritch creatures called angels- she must struggle against Society's restrictive gender roles.
- The Unicorn's Beard: Sawbones, a wandering veterinarian, has been forced into the service of the queen. They must use their extensive knowledge of goat diseases to cure her sick unicorn- or it's off with their head.
So why Patreon?
By now you probably know what Patreon is- it's a site that lets you support artists you like and get cool perks in exchange. As my patron, you'll get access to rough drafts, special content, author Q&As, and more.
In other words: I pass the hat every month, you put cash in, and I pull out a rabbit for you every so often. You like rabbits, right? No? I've got a bat somewhere, probably.
Seriously, though, Patreon lets you have the chance to be the Medicis. You've made it so there's more art in the world, and you get some neat stuff. What's not to love?
I'd like to take this special chance to shout out to all my patrons: you guys are amazing. Thank you so much for your support. I couldn't do any of this without you.
All right! We've got stories to tell together. Let's get to it!
You deserve some thanks for that.