Marian Call Has
New Songs to Sing.
(I mean, it's me, Marian. But that big header looks like it wants to be in the third person, and I give the fonts what they wants.)
Hello! It's nice to see you here in this corner of the internet! If you are reading this, you probably already know me.
We may have hugged at a house concert. Maybe we met on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, or good old Myspace, or maybe we made s'mores over a bonfire. Now we find one another here. Small internet!
(If you don't know me, I'm an indie musician living online, hanging out with my amazing little fierce fanbase. My music is at https://mariancall.bandcamp.com/ and you'll find details about me at http://mariancall.com.)
It is time, friends, for a Patreon.
What will you make for your Patreon, Marian?
I will make songs, poems, stories, and videos. I will try out new instruments and collaborate with other musicians. I will go on tour and try my best to come see you, and I will play live online concerts for when we are apart.
My list of new ideas is far too long to post right now, and it would give too much away! But if you need some hints about what I want to work on: phantom planets, cilantro, Broadway covers and parodies, impractical armor, suffragettes, my cat Zippy, our fundamental humanity. I'd like to produce some singles after a huge album project.
I've kept goals & rewards simple, because I want to:
1) Make art. 2) Step away from activities that are not item 1.
Your rewards are these:
New Art. New silly and serious songs. Love. Gratitude. Continued touring. Occasional collective art participation. Postcards. Online shows. Feels. (lots of feels)
I will not send you a zillion updates, I will not overcomplicate rewards, and don't worry, I will finish all my other outstanding commitments, like Kickstarter commissions. My new art might post exactly once a month – or it might be three times in one month, followed by an eight-week gap as I go on tour. In other words, this Patreon funds the process of art rather than Exactly One Thing every 30 days.
Most of all I will make great things together with you. That's what we do together, that's what we've *been* doing together for nearly ten years now.
Thank you for walking with me for the first decade, friends. I can't believe we made it this far. Let's celebrate and forge ahead!
*** Rewards details: ***
- You can find everything I'm making for Patreon at a special Bandcamp album that will grow and grow: https://mariancall.bandcamp.com/album/patreon-con... And it's easy to see everything I've made since the beginning, in order. You can download tracks for free at Bandcamp, or just email me and I can send you a file.
- I've also started a Youtube channel, youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRQZWndOoLNdevzNte3k9FrNAfTYCKqG1 -- though that has only videos (and many goodies will be just audio). Subscribe if you like!
- My Patreon will charge monthly, not per thing, so that both you and I can have some budget predictability.
- If your pledge lasts long enough to clear $200 (at any level), you will receive membership in the Donor's Circle. The Donors' Circle has access to my entire back catalog, as well as a decade of exclusive music and photos – and a private forum for discussion, early listens, and secret announcements. If you pass $200 and I miss the milestone, feel free to email me!
- If you want to apply the value of your patronage toward Bandcamp digital music purchases, I don't mind. Just email me when your donations add up to an album purchase, and I will happily hook you up with music downloads.
- All Patreon backers will receive new Patreon-sponsored songs and videos at the same time; no one will be excluded from the primary content, and it will be available to the public too. Donors' Circle members will get early peeks and exclusive extra content.
- All Patreon backers will sometimes be invited to participate in art creation or song ideas, but backers at the $50 level and above will get to actually submit audio and have a larger role in certain group projects.
- I'm happy to work out alternate payment with you if you prefer not to participate through this site. Monthly Paypal subscriptions work just fine: mariancall.com/purchase/tip-jar though you might want to subscribe to the Youtube channel so you don't miss your art rewards. Want to pay a different way? I'm a musician, I'm not picky, just get in touch.
- If you have any questions, just tweet me, @mariancall, or email me, [email protected]. Note that it's hard to respond to comments on posts in Patreon, so I can answer your questions better by email or on Twitter. Not on Facebook. Never on Facebook.
The gorgeous photos on this site are by Brian Adams, http://baphotos.com. Bird illustration by Karen Luke Fildes, http://www.karenlukefildes.com/.