My name is Mary and I'm a visual artist, scientist and passionate community member. My mission is to create art, experiences and supportive connections that make people feel good, inspire creativity and build community.
I have some really big plans for the future and I am asking you to be a part of them...
Much of my energy is going into beautiful projects for the 'greater good' but which don't support me financially. I would love your help to bring them to you and to the world!
What I'm up to:
- Creating a collection of digital, science-based art called "Cellular Landscapes" based the stunning microscope images I collected through 10 years as a scientific researcher. This project aims to foster awareness of the miracle that is every cell in the body and in all creatures, and to garner respect for how we treat them and our environment;
- Collaborating with the production and presentation of the incredible "Revival Project", which aims to foster a new, healthier societal paradigm through community, science, art, education and social connection;
- Co-creating a educational, immersive audio-visual journey called "Chiasma" to bring to public gatherings, schools and festivals (collaboration with an astrophysicist in the UK). "Chiasma criss-crosses between analytical and intuitive ways of knowing through a kaleidoscope of interactive visual art, algorithms, sound, microscopy and traditional artwork. We weave stories from the heart of science and draw parallels between perceived polarities to open the portals of perception. We also share imaginative perspectives and scientific evidence on how we can use ‘flow’ to resource ourselves from our creative subconscious." (Website coming soon!)
- Volunteering with the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic studies (MAPS) Canada. We're working hard on a crowdfunding campaign that will run through the month of May to fund Phase 3 clinical trials to treat PTSD with MDMA-assisted psychotherapy! (PTSD affects a tremendous number of people in chronic, devastating ways, yet a single session of MDMA therapy can reverse this damage!) I have donated 14 artworks for silent auction at the launch party and am the featured artist. :)
- Co-creating women's creative empowerment retreats with Jennifer Field, Registered Holistic Nutritionist, certified lomi lomi, breathwork and reiki practitioner and owner/operator of Halfmoon Haven Retreat & Spa. We already have 3 dates booked this year! Stay tuned for details.
- Learning and sharing, obsessively! I take in a lot of information on science, health and wellness and I want to share this knowledge with you in a way that's fun, relevant and fascinating! I've starting posting some of these thoughts and articles on my blog, but it's very time-consuming and I can't afford to spend much time on it. I'd love to be supported to do this - it's one of my greatest passions! (Eventually, I want to start a webcast, and bring in guests too!)
- Writing a book...!! Admittedly, a lofty goal, but one I've begun nonetheless. The book will be a unique blend of science, art, story, 'life hacks' and spirit, woven together into one very entertaining tale!
Patreon provides an easy way for my fans (you!) to show support, helping me to keep bringing art, science and inspiration to the world on a regular basis!
I don't open up too much about my thoughts and processes on outlets like Facebook and Instagram, but Patreon will be different. I'll be showing a lot more behind-the-scenes photos from my life and art space, insight into my processes, progress pictures and general musings. Please help me give back to you!
My goal with Patreon is not only to create an income stream to support myself but to support our community by sharing knowledge and techniques that empower people to:
1. enhance their creativity in new ways,
2. learn about ground-breaking science,
3. improve their health through deeper understanding of the body and what's out there in the media (and debunk the myths as they spread),
4. live happier, more balanced lives through simple, reliable methods that foster connection and growth.
By becoming a patron, you give me the opportunity to do all of this. It really is that simple! I value your donation with the utmost gratitude, and...
Your support inspires me to succeed!
Just a small pledge on your part can change my life. :)
(Important note: you can cancel your support at any time! You're under NO obligation once you sign up!)
My portfolio and other information about me can be viewed here.
I am very grateful to have fans like you - people who are willing to help me build this dream, and be a part of who I am and what I do. Your generosity will not only support me, but give my patrons and others the opportunity learn and grow. A win on all accounts!