Masjid al-Rabia is a mosque, education/advocacy org and community hub in Chicago providing spiritual care for marginalized Muslims. We are a women centered LGBTQIA+ affirming pluralist organization based on the principles of accessibility, inclusivity, and uncompromising equality.
With a small sustaining donation you can help ensure the reach and longitivtiy of this critical work. A SUSTAINING DONATION TO MASJID AL-RABIA WILL HELP:
- Cover rent and maintenance fees for our current home and consider expanding into a permanent location to better build our community.
- Maintain our Prison Outreach Program. The only program in the country that provides direct services to incarcerated LGBTQIA+ Muslims--with over 600 participants and growing every week.
- Keep up our beautiful website like did you know those things cost money?
- Support day-to-day office operations like covering printing cost for literature and keeping local events properly stocked with tea, coffee and snacks.
- Maintain and expand the Masjid al-Rabia Library - a free resource including books on women in Islam, revered texts from minority sects, and feminist Qur'anic exegesis. Our Qur'an library includes translations in over a dozen languages. This free service is provided without late fees, and including services sending books to incarcerated queer & trans Muslims across the country.
- Support Masjid al-Rabia volunteers - This is important, tireless work and every single member of the Masjid al-Rabia team works on a volunteer basis. Our dedicated volunteers keep up with administrative duties, run local events, and maintain our numerous educational programs. We believe every person should be compensated for this crucial work, but until we have a proper budget we are unable to compensate our team. As we expand our budget, we will be able to better support our volunteers, compensate people for their work and even maybe do something nice for them once in a while!
Staying true to our belief in radical accessibility, we will never post content behind a paywall. As a Patreon supporter we will use this space to keep you informed on the numerous programs and events we run every month, with opportunities to let your voice be heard and even have a hand in the development of new projects. We ask that you commit to one dollar a month, but you are welcome to contribute as much as you are willing to donate. Your donation will go directly to services, programming and maintenance of this unique organization doing unprecedented work for marginalized Muslims. Can't make a monthly donation? Want to impart a one-time special gift? You can find our traditional donation page here.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]