The tiles are 3D printable on your personal machine, and via Shapeways and many other 3D-printing services. The designs are free on Thingiverse. I release them under a permissive Creative Commons license that allows you to remix, release, share or even sell these tiles.
With your help, I'll update the tiles to allow them to interlock so you can create more stable gaming surfaces, as well as multi-story buildings. I plan to deliver a variety of new sets, including:
- Cut stone tiles
- Tudor tiles for cityscapes
- City street/alley tiles
- Mine tiles, including minecarts and tracks
- Rustic wooden tiles for rural buildings, and for surface mine buildings
- Castle tiles, including a working portcullis
- Accessory tiles such as doors, windows, arrow slits, broken and ruined tiles, stairs, bridges, etc
- Docks tiles
- Boats for sea faring games
- OpenLOCK tiles
- Tiles I design based on your votes
Be sure to limit your reward to how many times per month you want to pay. I want to release tiles often, and I want people to be delighted with each release instead of worried about the cost.
OpenForge has added a set of OpenLOCK compatible tiles, and plans to continue to release OpenLOCK versions of our tiles. You can find out more about OpenLOCK at Printable Scenery. Our usage in this campaign is covered by the generous grant of a license from Printable Scenery.