Matěj Čadilis creating Traditional Art
Select a membership level
You are a patron of the arts! Even with the lowest pledge you are letting me know that my art matters to you. Thank you!
Just like Shire hobbits who gathered in The Green Dragon Inn at Bywater for a mug of beer and some news from distant parts, you for a price less than a mug of beer (even in my country🇨🇿) will get the following:
- My heartfelt gratitude ❤️️
- Patron-only posts, including various sketches and WIPs that are not published elsewhere 🎩
- Early access: See my completed artwork at least 3 days before any non-Patrons do 📆
- Polls: You can vote on what you'd like me to paint (including ideas from the Suggestion box) 🗳
The Prancing Pony Inn was a meeting place for the inhabitants of Breeland, as well as a resort of Rangers and travellers on the ancient roads. News from North, South, and East could be heard in the inn.
Therefore you'll get access to many more things. And though they might be Strange as News from Bree, they'll surely come in pints:
- all of the above, plus:
- Exclusive content: Hi-res pictures you can use as wallpapers, line art for colouring 🖼
- Time-lapse videos and other posts showing my creative process ⏱
- Special patron-only giveways 🎁
- Suggestion box: A thread once in a while where I'd love to collect ideas from you about what to draw next 📥
- 10% off any purchase from my Etsy shop 💸
The Great Chamber of Thrór was the hall of feasting and council in the mountain-realm of Erebor. Dwarves were renowned craftsmen, those who had their friendship greatly profited from it.
And on this tier, you will get tangible rewards as well:
- all of the above, plus:
- A pack of bookmarks and/or postcards of my artwork and possibly other treasures, sent to you every six months (Mar/Sep) 📦
- 20% off any purchase from my Etsy shop 💸
Welcome to my Patreon pageHi, my name is Matěj. I am a traditional artist and illustrator. I live in the beautiful city of Prague, Czech Republic, with my wife and two children.
While I work as a freelance graphic designer (making posters, print publications and websites), I love to draw and paint in my spare time. I also take commissions and sell my pictures online.
My great love and inspiration has been the world of J. R. R. Tolkien. But I am also inspired by other fantasy worlds as well as real-world landscapes and architecture.
Where you can find me and my art:
- DeviantArt – largest gallery of my work
- Facebook – my current art and news
- Instagram – more pictures, WIPs and short videos
- Etsy – my art originals and prints for sale
- Redbubble – various products with my artwork
Why PatreonPatreon is a wonderful platform for connecting artists and their fans. It has been compared to an ongoing Kickstarter: Instead of one-off sponsoring for a product, you literally become a Patron of the Arts, supporting artists themselves and their continuous work, with any amount you want (starting as low as $1 per month) for as long as you want. The great thing about it is that the rewards you get are ongoing, too!
If you decide to become a patron, you can change or cancel your support at any time. (If you're not sure how it works, check out the Patreon's FAQ.)
How you can help meI love painting and creating beautiful things, but currently I work full-time as a graphic designer and I of course also must take care of my family, so I am not left with much time to freely create and develop my art skills.
If you like my art, then by supporting me here you can provide me with the resources I need to take it to the next level, enabling me to gradually devote more time and energy to my artistic work and stay focused on things that I love to create, so I can make more pictures and also get better by the practice.
But there is yet another dimension. As people who care about my work so much that you decided to become my patrons, you have a special place and I highly value your opinion, so you can surely provide me with valuable feedback and critique as well as inspiration and suggestions for future work.
What you get for itAside from the pleasure of helping an aspiring artist on his artistic journey you also get more concrete rewards for your support.
You, as patrons, can see my artwork sooner than anyone else. You will also see various sketches and work-in-progress shots which I won't share elsewhere. You get access to exclusive hi-res versions of art, wallpapers, avatars and other digital content. You can direct my work in suggestion boxes and polls. You get discounts for my Etsy shop. On higher tiers you can regularly get physical rewards such as prints of my art. You can even have free commissions from me.
Just check the reward tiers and pick the one you like best!
Disclaimer: As of April 2019, I am just starting with all of this, so I will learn on the go and we will see how the rewards work, as more of you (hopefully) join me as patrons. So there may be be some changes for our mutual benefit. I will certainly appreciate your feedback and suggestions, regarding the rewards and any other thing!