Matthew Wayne Selznickis creating things for people who like the kinds of things he creates.
Select a membership level
Every month, you pledge to support my creative endeavors with a dollar's worth of change you find under your couch cushions, in that tray on your nightstand, at the bottom of your purse, in your car ashtray... y'know. Your buck tells me you're with me in this... and from dollar-sized trickles, a mighty river may one day flow.
In return, you'll receive:
In return, you'll receive:
- access to my patrons-only content here on Patreon
- Sonitotum podcast episodes a few days before the rest of the world, plus uncut, unedited, and unexpurgated editions of every episode featuring an interview guest
- a patrons-only RSS feed to automatically receive episodes of the podcast
- access to a patrons-only text and audio chat channel
- a downloadable electronic copy of every song, lyrics sheet, e-book, drawing, video, and other electronic media I release
Includes Discord benefits
Limited (999 of 1,000 remaining)
Every month, you agree to sacrifice the approximate price of a large freshly brewed coffee, the kind you might find at a certain international chain of coffeehouses.
In return, you'll receive...
- all the access and rewards of the Couch Change patrons
- an invitation to a monthly exclusive group video chat, where we can talk about anything you want.
Includes Discord benefits
Limited (498 of 500 remaining)
Rather than buy a double cheeseburger, fries, and a drink at a certain double-arched fast food joint, you pledge that five-spot to me each month to support my creative endeavors.
In return, every month you'll receive...
- all the access and rewards of the Couch Change and Coffee Sacrifice patrons
- the opportunity to book a thirty minute one-on-one phone conversation with me to talk about whatever you want (subject to availability)
Includes Discord benefits
WHO IS MATTHEW WAYNE SELZNICK?I'm an author and Creator at Large at Matthew Wayne Selznick Creates and MWS Media. My home on the web is mattselznick.com, where I write, produce podcast episodes, make music, and help other creators bring their creative endeavors to fruition.
WHAT DO I MAKE?I'm a creative entrepreneur, author, podcaster, musician, editor, consultant, educator, and coach. My blog, Scribtotum, provides opinion, advice, and recommendations on staying human while creating a successful and healthy writing life, as well as personal insights, reflections, and observations. The occasional companion podcast, Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick, is dedicated to helping people make stuff, find success as they define it, and stay healthy and sane in the process.
In addition, I write books and serials and create music. I draw, and I teach.
I make things for people who like the kinds of things I make.
WHAT AM I MAKING RIGHT NOW?I'm hard at work on my next novel, Light of the Outsider. You can learn more about that here.
WHY SHOULD YOU BECOME MY PATRON?You should become my patron if you are one of those amazing friends or fans with both the means and inclination to support my creative endeavors... someone who wants to support my ability to create more things in order to help and entertain more people, more often.
HOW IT WORKSYour monthly pledge (as low as $1.00; no more $5.00) grants you access to exclusive content, early access to podcast episodes, and as many other perks and bonuses as we can think of together.
WHAT YOUR PLEDGE SUPPORTSAs my patron, here's what you can expect to help support and subsidize:
- Podcasting (Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick): In every occasional episode of Sonitotum, I talk about making stuff, finding success, and staying sane while attempting to do the first two things. You'll hear a lot of personal stuff, deep transparency, and the occasional interview, all dedicated to teaching by example. Patrons receive each episode a few days before the rest of the world, and uncut / unedited versions of every interview episode. Each episode takes between six and eight hours to record, produce, and distribute.
- Articles (Scribtotum): Scribtotum is my offboard brain, if you will, with a a filter / focus dedicated to teaching you and me from the perspective of an experienced beginner. Each article takes a couple of days to plan, write, edit, publish, and distribute and covers...
- the intersection of creativity, personal development, and mental health
- "journal" or "diary" posts focused on living a healthy creative life
- resource tips for writers and creators
- book, movie, and television reviews with an emphasis on storytelling and teaching
- ...and the like
OTHER ENDEAVORS SUPPORTED BY YOUR PLEDGE
- Fiction: I write literary fiction, as well as genre fiction in several different storyworlds:
- The Sovereign Era, where the appearance of individuals with unique abilities upsets the delicate balance of the Cold War in the last quarter of the twentieth century.
- Daikaiju Universe, where mysterious, laws-of-physics-defying beasts and monsters have terrorized humanity since the 1800's.
- The Shaper's World, an original (no elves or orcs) fantasy setting where three hominid cultures strive to co-exist while a force from Outside threatens them all.
- The Protector Cycle, a world much like our own where a small group of ordinary people guard us all against the shadows in the shadows.
- Non-Fiction: I have a lot of thoughts about transparency, vulnerability, and empathy, especially in terms of how those characteristics pertain to being a writer and creative person. Books are in the works.
- Music: I've been posting my Bookcase Sessions videos for many years now. I am itching to create a proper album, and want to make that happen in the months to come. Meanwhile, I keep writing and recording videos of new songs. Patrons receive high quality MP3s and, when applicable, printable lyrics sheets.
- Art: I've begun sketching and drawing again after many years. Often, this takes the form of "picture essays," a form of cartoon. It's a meditative and exploratory medium for me, and I hope the results resonate with you.
REWARDS AND PERKS
All PatronsEvery single patron, no matter your pledge level, receives access to my Patrons-Only content here on Patreon and on my website. That includes:
- Every episode of Sonitotum a few days before the rest of the world, and uncut / unedited versions of every episode featuring an interview guest. New episodes at least twice a month.
All patrons also gain access to a patrons-only Discord chatroom where we can hang out and shoot the breeze.
$3.00 Pledge PatronsThose who pledge at the $3.00 level will get...
- An invitation to a monthly, exclusive, group video chat, where we can talk about anything you want.
- Everything available to the $1.00 pledge level.
$5.00 Pledge PatronsAt the $5.00 pledge level, patrons get...
- The opportunity to book a thirty minute, one-on-one, phone conversation with me each month that their pledge supports works I've released (subject to availability). It's a personal creativity coaching session, if that's how you want it to go... or we can talk about whatever you want!
- Everything the lower pledge levels receive.
MORE..?As more friends and fans become patrons, I'm very open to, and interested in, adding more rewards and perks to each pledge level, and, indeed, adding additional pledge levels. Ultimately, I want to reward patrons like you in the fashion that you want most. We'll talk about it!
THANK YOU!Thank you very much. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to express my gratitude through access, through bonus content, and through STUFF as the community of patrons grows and evolves.
You're the best.
"I Want To Support You, But Patreon's Not For Me."I can dig it. There are other ways to support my creative endeavors, to be sure:
$22 of $200 per month
1 of 6
Just two hundred dollars per month from your gracious pledges will offset the costs of maintaining the Sonitotum podcast, including software licenses and website and media hosting accounts. When this goal is reached, I'll commit to regular bi-weekly episodes of Sonitotum.
Become a patron to
Unlock 109 exclusive posts
Be part of the community
Connect via private message
Recent posts by Matthew Wayne Selznick
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method