WHO IS MATTHEW WAYNE SELZNICK?I'm an author and Creator at Large at MWS Media. My home on the web is mattselznick.com!
WHAT DO I MAKE?I'm a creative entrepreneur, author, editor, musician, consultant, educator, and coach. As such, I write books and serials, I help other people write books, I blog about living a healthy creative life, I write songs, I have a podcast about making stuff, finding success, and staying sane, I draw, and I teach. To name a few things.
WHY SHOULD YOU BECOME MY PATRON?You should become my patron if you are one of those amazing friends or fans with both the means and inclination to support my creative endeavors... someone who wants to support my ability to create more things and help more people, more often.
HOW IT WORKSYour monthly pledge (as low as $1.00; no more $5.00) grants you access to serial fiction and other exclusive content, unexpurgated articles and podcast episodes, special access, and as many other perks and bonuses as we can think of together. Some things will be here on Patreon, some things you'll access by using your Patreon login on my website.
WHAT YOUR PLEDGE SUPPORTSAs my patron, here's what you can expect to help support and subsidize:
- Regular blogging (Scribtotum): Frequency: About two to four times per month.
Scribtotum is my offboard brain, if you will, with a a filter / focus dedicated to teaching you and me. I write articles covering...
- the intersection of creativity, personal development, and mental health
- "journal" or "diary" posts focused on living a healthy creative life
- resource tips for writers and creators
- book, movie, and television reviews with an emphasis on storytelling and teaching
- ...and the like
- Podcasting (Sonitotum): Frequency: About two to four times per month.
Sonitotum is the companion to Scribtotum. In Sonitotum, I talk about making stuff, finding success, and staying sane while I attempt to do the first two things. You'll hear a lot of personal stuff, deep transparency, and the occasional interview, all dedicated to teaching by example.
- Fiction: Frequency: Several times per year; once a month for serial fiction. Patrons get exclusive access to Hazy Days and Cloudy Nights, serial fiction set in my Sovereign Era storyworld, with at least one new installment per month. I have a novel and two short stories in different stages of not-done. And I have so much more to say. Check out the Goals section of my Patreon profile to see how my fiction output will improve as your patronage increases.
- Non-Fiction: Frequency: About once a year. I have a new volume of my Worldbuilding series of booklets outlined. I'd love to write the thing and get it to market. I also have a lot of thoughts about transparency, vulnerability, and empathy, especially in terms of how those characteristics pertain to being a writer and creative person. There are books in there that I'd like to write.
- Music: Frequency: Several times per year. I've been posting my Bookcase Sessions videos for many years now. I am itching to create a proper album, and want to make that happen in the months to come. Meanwhile, I keep writing and recording videos of new songs.
- Art: Frequency: Several times per year. I've begun sketching and drawing again after many years. Often, this takes the form of "picture essays," a form of cartoon. It's a meditative and exploratory medium for me, and I hope the results resonate with you.
REWARDS AND PERKSEvery single patron, no matter your pledge level, receives access to my Patrons-Only content here on Patreon and on my website.
Every pledge also receives a downloadable electronic copy of everything I release in electronic formats that your pledges support, including songs, patron-exclusive lyrics sheets, e-books, drawings, unedited / unexpurgated podcast episodes, and the like..
Those who pledge at the $3.00 level will receive an invitation to a monthly, exclusive, group video chat, where we can talk about anything you want... as well as everything available to the $1.00 pledge level. This pledge level is limited to 1,000 people!
At the $5.00 pledge level, in addition to everything the lower pledge levels receive, patrons also have the opportunity to book a thirty minute, one-on-one, phone conversation with me each month that their pledge supports works I've released. It's a personal creativity coaching session, if that's how you want it to go... or we can talk about whatever you want!
MORE..?As more friends and fans become patrons, I'm very open to, and interested in, adding more rewards and perks to each pledge level, and, indeed, adding additional pledge levels. Ultimately, I want to reward patrons like you in the fashion that you want most. We'll talk about it!
THANK YOU!Thank you very much. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to express my gratitude through access, through bonus content, and through STUFF as the community of patrons grows and evolves.
You're the best.