Hi!Hey guys, I'm Pascal and I program shaders. And mod games. And draw pictures. And a lot more. I'm best known for my graphics modifications for GTA San Andreas with over 1.7 million downloads, rank 1 in this category! If you have ever used an ENBSeries or ReShade preset for any game, chances are high that you've already used my work. Commonly I use the nickname "Marty McFly" for my works - just so you know.
Examples of my work
- MMGE - Marty McFly's Graphics Enhancement 1 2 and 3, at their point of release the most cutting-edge ENBSeries presets for GTA SA.
- MasterEffect - The most extensive shader plugin for ENBSeries to date that gave many ENBSeries presets for GTASA a leap forward.
- MasterEffect ReBorn - The rewritten, extended version of the original MasterEffect shader library, delivering 2 times more shaders to the initial ReShade release than SweetFX.
- ReShade Framework (contributing) - I'm the author for a lot of shaders of this package, together with the devs of SweetFX, GEMFX and more.
- MXAO - My Ambient Occlusion solution for the ReShade postprocessing injector, on par with state of the art solutions such as HBAO+, ASSAO.
- ADoF - My own Depth of Field solution, available for both ReShade and ENBSeries, where the latter also contains a port of MXAO, the only way to get high quality SSAO on TES Skyrim Special Edition.
What is this Patreon page for?The older I get, the less free time I have. As a university student, I have low freetime and low income - that's where you come in. My only regular income right now is private tutoring for high school students.
For well over 8 years, I have been producing high quality content for many modding platforms and helped millions to enhance their gaming experience. There are a lot of ENBSeries or ReShade presets available but I doubt that a lot of people put more work into their projects than me. When my GTA ENBSeries presets come out, they're state of the art.
My work includes
- Learning and researching advanced math
- Ad-hoc understanding of scientific papers
- Programming in languages with very little documentation and no real IDE
- Optimizing (spending hours tweaking and benchmarking, by far the most time consuming part)
- Testing in various environments, hundreds of hours played time in Steam is common, with nothing else than the first quest done
That's quite a lot of work for a single person! My ENBSeries presets for GTA took well over half a year to complete, with daily 4-5 hours only. I'm mainly doing this for free, this however pays no bills. Graphics programming my way requires access to latest gen tech and that's not cheap, as you very well know.
By becoming a patreon, you're sending me some cash to help me create the things you enjoy :) and sustain the quality standard you know.
What rewards do I get for contributing?The modifications and shaders are the main reward here. Sure, I could put various things behind a paywall but I don't think that's a good idea, everyone should be able to have access to my work, contributor or not. Programming and researching for hours, days, weeks isn't exactly exciting - watching me doing the same things all day are no ground for a livestream or anything. What I can offer is experimental code, help for your own projects - I can kickstart your ENB preset in a minute!
Check the Tier list for more details.