We run a website featuring listings of upcoming events, articles, reviews, interviews and videos discussing spoken word. We run events featuring international acts, showcasing local talent, developing poets and doing something weird with spoken word. We're trying to get spoken word and poetry to reach a wider audience.
MSW is run by a team of hard working volunteers headed by the obsessive mind of Benjamin Solah and we would love people to pledge to us to help create a sustainable organisation to pay it's contributors and raise money to do bigger and better things.
Are you a performing poet in Melbourne?
If you're performing around Melbourne or running a gig, Melbourne Spoken Word is about supporting you and your art form, or your event.
- We're fighting for our art form to be recognised and to grow, to reach a wider audience. We want MSW to help all spoken word artists grow together
- We're promoting the events you're performing in. We list any event in Melbourne and it's surrounds that features spoken word in a major way.
- Through our audio-journal, Audacious, our YouTube channel and our own events, we're providing a platform for spoken word artists, poets, slammers, like you to get your work out there.
- We run an online store that exclusively sells publications of spoken word artists.
- We're providing free and paid workshops for people to develop their work.
- We apply to showcase our art form at big festivals like White Night to grow the audience of spoken word.
Supporting us supports you, supports spoken word as an art form, supports the community.