"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." -Plato
<span style="background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="color: rgb(127, 127, 127);"><br>Last edited: 01/16/2016</span></span></span>
Original and Remixed Music for Fans
Ableton Racks for Producers
1. Do you enjoy listening original soundtrack music, video game remixes or cover remixes of popular music?
2. Do you produce music or score to film with Ableton Live?
3. Do you like FREE downloads of Original and Remixed Music or Music Producer Racks?If you said 'yes' to any of these questions, you have come to the right place:
My name is Miek "The Mad Scientist" Thompson (aka MiekWave). I happen to possess a wide arsenal of musical gadgetry and play piano, compose original and remixed soundtrack compositions.
I am known for incorporating my own flavor of macro composing to 12-tone scales, soundtrack music and dance music to make a charming and magical listening experience.
With your continued support, I will have the means to continue composing, recording, and producing the most awesome soundtracks you never thought existed (especially since studio rent isn't exactly cheap).
I use Ableton Suite and have constructed hundreds of Racks that I will be giving away for free on my website [launching soon].
I have had the pleasure of recording and producing various projects with Austin's bountiful talent, always for a reasonable fee (usually for free).
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS / CINEMATIC REMIXES
I've been told I have an obscene array of keyboards and other musical instruments, but that's only because I always strive to attain for that desired sound. I suppose I am particularly talented with piano, mixing, and MIDI composition.
I use Pro Tools / Ableton to record bands and Ableton Suite to compose my soundtracks. I get lots of my sounds from recording live instruments, programming various Korgs, Rolands, Yamahas, as well as Orchestral Sound libraries from East West.
My style has an enchanting and otherworldly quality to it, well at least that's what I strive for. I enjoy focusing on spellbinding tones and harmony pleasing to the mind, body, heart, and soul and by incorporating that into soundtracks, electronic dance music and video game remixes.
My #1 goal is to to continue producing an extravagant listening experience.
I invite you to listen to some of my original soundtracks and cinematic remixes for free on my Soundcloud page or Youtube.
- Original Performance Away Away Away Fly Higher (YouTube)
- Original EDM Track Dream 9AM
- Original Rock It's Out of Control (Groovy Electronic Rock)
- Original Performance Desert Dessert (YouTube)
- Original Soundtrack Event Horizon - Electronic Action Soundtrack
- Original Soundtrack Another Sunrise (Violin Composition/Recording)
- Original Epic Trance Glide (EDM - Trance)
- Original Soundtrack Cherish The Moon (Sexy Lounge Soundtrack)
- Original Soundtrack Amare; Et In Saecula Saeculorum Semper (Sexy Lounge Soundtrack)
- Original Soundtrack Sapientia Uirtuti (Epic String Ensemble Soundtrack)
- Original Soundtrack Coma of Time (Dreamy Soundtrack)
Video Game Remixes
- Final Fantasy VI - Title Card, Intro, and Opening Credits (YouTube)
- Final Fantasy VI - Opera Scene Aria de Mezzo Carattere (YouTube)
FREE ABLETON RACKS / TEMPLATES for SOUNDTRACK and EDM PRODUCERS:
My Free Ableton Racks will cater help EDM producers, Video Game Remixers, Composers and Recording Engineers. Using my free low CPU Racks and low CPU Templates will save you many hours of productivity and headache.
Good ol' fashion synth and midi programming without samples
My Free racks use no sample downloads at all, as they are all 100% MIDI and MACRO programmed.
CPU friendly solutions
I strive to get the best possible sound and templates using the lowest CPU usage.
Lower Risk of Crashing
I bet you tried various VST and rack combinations that resulted in Crashing your computer, my free racks are programmed to be as crash resistant as you can get.
FREE EWQL Racks for Film Composers:
Producers who use East West products with Ableton will get access to my FREE racks that are optimized for Key Switching and Macros to ease both composition to film or original compositions. My EWQL optimized racks display key-switches in Piano Roll.
I will also include a tutorial Live Set on how to make your Vocal and Chior libraries more usable and less 'robotic' sounding.
FREE Ableton Suite 9.5 Racks and Templates for EDM Producers:
Since there are thousands of sample based drum racks out there already, I have focused on developing custom racks and clips for the more neglected instruments.
I programmed thousands of basslines, drum loops and more in clip format. This is organized in custom folders for easy drag n' drop and is 100% compatible with Analog, Operator, Collision, and Tension, and Electric instruments.
FREE EWQL + Suite 9.5 Combo Racks for Film Composers and EDM Producers:
Want a more realistic solo cello or maybe an out-worldly French Horn that cuts through your Sci-fi mix? I have developed Racks that combines your EWQL Symphonic Orchestra presets with Ableton Suite Tension and Collision instruments, let me be the first to say that this is the ultimate unison of Sample Based Play Engine and Synthesis!
These Combo Rack Instruments require NO key-switching and are 100% optimized for 'Live' playing simply with Velocity, Mod Wheel and assignable Macro controllers. (I'm working on Aftertouch Live Patches with M4L edition)
FREE Korg Legacy Collection Racks for Korg Kontrol Owners:
KLC users who own Korg Controllers will appreciate my KLC racks, which include both Instruments and Effects. My KLC racks include 'Macro Controls' for Legacy Cell, Wavestation, and M1 instruments as well as accompanying MIDI Clips for instant inspiration.
I dare say that my KLC racks rival even that of hardware beasts like Access Virus, or Software Goliths like Omnisphere.
FREE VSTi Racks for Popular Free VSTi Budget Producers:
If you are a budget producer that only owns the regular version of Ableton, don't worry! I have created custom racks for some of the most popular FREE VSTi products on the market, it rivals having thousands of dollars worth of premium quality VSTi content at your fingertips for free.
FREE Ableton Suite 9.5 Templates for Composers and EDM Producers:
My templates are designed to give you ultimate drag-n-drop time saving flexibility.
• VEP friendly template allows you to drop orchestral sections and simply connect to your Audio Server channels with ease. (But this also works without VEP)
• Standalone Drag-n-Drop Color Coded Orchestral order sections without opening a new set.
Each section of your Orchestral Order contains very low CPU custom racks preloaded dedicated to each instrument so you save hours configuring each instrument!: 2 EQ Macro Knobs, 2 Distance Control Knobs, 2 Envelope Knobs, 2 Articulation Knobs,
• Score Sheet export friendly - Quantize your MIDI and use my Drag-n-Drop Humanization Rack (8ms Random MIDI Delay, +/- 5 Random Velocity) to humanize your MIDI composition.
• Dedicated Chord Progression MIDI Rack for writing 3 part and 4 part harmony/progressions.
• 8 Track Templates for 1 SFX, 1 Bassline, 2 Lead/Vocal, 2 Pad/Vocal, and 2 Drum Parts optimized for Novation LaunchPad Scene Clip so you can produce EDM tracks using 8 Scenes and 8 Parts.
• Clip Construction Kits for House, Goa, Trance, Breaks, DnB, Dubstep, and other Popular EDM styles - these clip collections are optimized for Suite 9.5 Stock Instruments and KLC.
• Dedicated MIDI Rack for writing basslines, drum parts, and progressions to your MIDI track
• Dedicated MASTER TRACK racks for real-time DJ effects
For Song REMIXERS
• Custom Racks and Tutorial file to make convert to Harmony, Convert to Melody, and Convert to Drums detection more accurate.