Mindfulness for the Peopleis creating opportunities to radically re-imagine the mindfulness movement
Select a membership level
Benefits from our Just Because and Liberation Bound levels PLUS Dr. Black will produce a monthly #DisruptorDemo video (or more than one if the question inventory calls for it!) with responses to at least one of your pressing questions on disrupting systemic whiteness in the mindfulness movement!
You've heard about Mindfulness for the People and want to know more.
You've experienced a keynote, training, or consultation and want to do more.
You're hungry and heartfelt and want a community of others like you who seek to be more.
So here it is.
An opportunity to radically re-imagine the mindfulness movement with Mindfulness for the People in real time.
We can't wait to get your feedback on our preliminary content and ideas for developing even more content.
Welcome and thank you for joining us!
HOW THE PATREON PAGE FOR MINDFULNESS FOR THE PEOPLE WORKS
Patreon allows patrons, or supporters, to do just that: support what they love! By signing up, you are offering financial support for Mindfulness for the People-- a Black-owned social change agency-- to operate. For example, funds raised via Patreon go towards:
- supporting monthly business expenses like internet, phone, bookkeeping, and liability insurance
- purchasing supplies like printer ink, books, notebooks, and printer paper
- raising funds for business certifications (minority-owned business certification/$350-$1200; woman-owned business certification/$500+; B-corp status)
But more than that, by choosing to become a patron of Mindfulness for the People, you are investing in Black-led social change which helps to increase visibility around:
- the historic under-investment in Black-led social change organizations
- the increased scrutiny faced by Black-led social change organizations
- the invisible emotional labor of Black women facilitating/engaging in racial justice work
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
Each Patron will be charged upon registering to become a Patron-- and then on the 1st of every month following. More details on membership levels below:
- Just Because patrons will be charged $3/month just because they can, because we need it, and because the work is worth it!
- Message for the People (formerly Liberation Bound) patrons will be charged $10/month and will have access to our new digest of practices, prescriptives, and potions that support the joy and wellbeing of Black and Brown folks! We will still highlight what we're reading or wish lists for events this season --- but let's face it, who couldn't benefit from a digital down-regulation station every 4-6weeks (starting April 2020)?!
NEW (Dec 2019) Levels Benefitting Mindfulness for the People ACADEMY/Academy for the People (our not-for-profit education project):
- #DisruptorDemo patrons will be charged $25/month and will receive access to the Just Because and Message for the People level PLUS a monthly viewing of a recorded video from Founder Angela Rose Black! Each month, you will be invited to submit 2-3 pressing questions in relation to how YOU can practice disrupting systemic whiteness within your mindfulness research, teaching, practice, and tech endeavor. Then, once a month Dr. Black will produce a #DisruptorDemo video (or more than one if the question inventory calls for it!) with responses to at least one of your questions. The best part, beyond getting answers to your question and fellow Patron questions, is that you can join Mindfulness for the People in supporting the end of "pick your brain" culture, replacing it instead with an ethical, transparent business transaction. You have questions (needs), we have answers (service), and we both win (ethical, transparent business transaction)! (Pls note: All #DisruptorDemo proceeds will be donated to support our not-for-profit education project *Academy for the People)