Mirjam Gielenis creating organic embroidery on eco printed fabric
I'm so happy to welcome you amongst my patrons!
You have access to posts and updates about my work, including videos of me working on my embroideries. I share detailed info about my experiments in eco dyeing and eco printing, interesting articles and links, musings, embroidery videos with explanation, new ideas, progress on my embroidery work etc.
Wow! This is great! Thank you so much for joining my patrons.
- As with the Cotton tier you will have access to posts and updates about my work, including videos of me working on my embroideries.
- But there is more: every month you will receive a download link for a pdf (20-25 pages) with detailed descriptions of my processes, ideas and experience, including lots of tips and tricks, but also suggestions and challenges for your own creative process. Together these Textile Stories will constitute an online course in creative, organic embroidery, eco dyeing and eco printing. As with every good story I will begin at the very beginning.
About Mirjam Gielen
I'm inspired by nature, especially by its patterns and textures. I like exploring, looking at details and finding similarities with my own inner nature.
The randomness of eco printing provides an intriguing background that challenges me to find the right stitches and colours to complement it.
My goal is to make sustainable art, using eco dyeing, eco printing and organic or reclaimed fabrics and threads.
Sharing my process, my knowledge and my experience with others, is what makes me happy. I would like to connect with people that are, like I am, excited about creativity, embroidery, art, nature and a sustainable lifestyle. Patreon will enable me to share my work and my experience in a way I feel happy about.
Your support will first go towards high quality organic fabrics, threads and other supplies. Later I hope to be able to afford some master classes with renowned textile artists.
This is what I am going to do to for my patrons:
- I will give all tiers access to updates about my work including videos. From $6 and up (Linen, Wool and Silk tiers) you will receive monthly episodes of my Textile Stories with detailed descriptions of my work processes, ideas, and experiences. They will also contain suggestions and challenges for your own creative process, and lots of tips and tricks. Together they will constitute an online course in organic embroidery and eco dyeing/printing. Each episode will be 20-25 pages. As with every good story, I will start at the very beginning.
- I will send patrons from the Wool tier a present after each half year of their support. You can choose between a DIY kit with pieces of fabric and yarn/thread or an (unmounted) embroidery
- I will send patrons from the Silk tier two presents after each half year of their support. A DIY kit with pieces of fabric and yarn/thread and an (unmounted) embroidery
- When I reach certain goals I will do something extra like a give away or a coupon code for my Etsy shop.
Furthermore I would like to develop e.g. a Q/A platform, video tutorials, e-books and more. Please let me know what you would be interested in.