Miska's Maps RPG Cartographyis creating maps and deckplans for Star Wars, D&D, and other tabletop RPGs
This basic level tier grants you access to an archive of 200+ maps, 4 high-resolution maps per month, on average, and patrons-only posts, votes, and Discord channels.
- High-resolution Maps – You will get 4 watermark-free maps per month on average. High-resolution image files are available only to my patrons on Patreon.
- Patreon Exclusive Map Variants – each map comes typically with multiple variants. For example, with and without a grid, a night version or a labeled version. Variants are available only to my patrons on Patreon.
- Vote in polls – and affect the upcoming maps, bonus content, and how I will develop my Patreon project.
- Backstage Pass – access my Patrons-only Patreon feed, Lens updates, and Discord channels.
- Map Archive – access an archive of 200+ maps.
This tier gives you access to bonus content and credit for supporting my work. You also get early access to my mini-setting projects.
- All the previous rewards*
- Early Access Mini-Setting Material – This includes content related to Hyperstorm or other mini-setting projects unlocked by Patreon Goals.
- Patreon Exclusive Bonus Content – Revised map versions, color-versions of previous B&W maps, one-page adventures, illustrations, etc.
- Your name in the credits of my Patreon supported Miska's Maps website posts, publications, and videos released during your patronage (updated at the time of release ).
- PDF & POD Discounts – up to -50% from new Miska's Maps related PDF and print publications released during your patronage. These are available on DrivethruRPG.
* See lower tiers for details
This tier is perfect for serious GMs who want to customize or store the maps neatly in a binder. You will get layered PSD files and PDF versions of my maps, in addition to special thanks in the credits.
- All the previous rewards*
- PDF versions of the maps + access to a growing PDF collection
- Layered PSD files – These are perfect for customizing the maps to your own needs. You can edit PSD files also with GIMP or Krita, and both are free.
- Special thanks in the credits of my Patreon supported Miska's Maps website posts, publications, and videos released during your patronage (updated at the time of release).
* See lower tiers for details
About Miska's Maps RPG Cartography
MISKA'S MAPS RPG CARTOGRAPHYHi, I'm Miska Fredman and this Patreon project's purpose is to support my RPG cartography and help me improve as an artist.
I've enjoyed making maps for RPGs ever since I started playing Dungeons & Dragons back in the late-1980s. After the first Mapvember in 2015 I started drawing maps more seriously and created this Patreon project. Over the years this Patreon has become the foundation of Miska's Maps RPG Cartography, and it has made it possible for me to publish 4 hand drawn maps per month on average since its launch. My work has also been featured in RPG products like Ubersreik Adventures for Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play, and Strongholds & Followers and Sly Flourish's Fantastic Adventures for the 5th Edition.
I draw inspiration from sci-fi and fantasy movies, books, and tv-series, but also from existing tabletop RPGs. Some of my personal favorites include Star Wars, Traveller, Alien, The Expanse, Dungeons & Dragons, Call of Cthulhu and Degenesis.
About My Maps...
- I release 4 hand drawn maps each month on average. Typically the number of published maps per month varies from 3 to 5. They range from detailed color maps to black & white line art maps but always include multiple versions. These can include variants like a version with and without grid, night/day version, version with notes or labels, printer-friendly version, and so on – see examples here.
- I do mostly dungeons, deckplans, and battle maps. The scale of my maps usually ranges from medium-scale dungeons or deck plans to small scale battle maps. Typically my maps use the standard 5 ft. / square scale.
- Genres and themes of the maps vary from month to month. I run a poll at the beginning of the month where my patrons can vote which maps they would like to see finished and released. Mastermind and higher tier patrons can bump up a map with some extra votes.
- My maps are print ready and virtual tabletop compatible. I make most of my maps into letter-sized files in 300 dpi resolution. This is usually enough to print out the map in good quality or sections of it for use with miniatures. The maps scale well to 4K screens and most virtual tabletop platforms, like Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds. Some technical details:
- Basic map files come in .jpg file format.
- I try to keep the file size small enough for the virtual tabletops.
- Maps usually measure around 2550 × 3300 pixels for a letter-sized map (8.5" × 11") or 2520 × 2520 pixels (36 x 36 squares), if it is a square battle map.
- PSD files come with named layers and they use layer groups and layer blending modes. Usually, layer effects, embedded files and type layers are rasterized for ease of use and compatibility purposes.
- PDF versions of the maps are designed to be printed one or two-sided in letter or A4 size, and for storage in a binder (both sides have enough space for the binder holes).
Become a Patron!Your support, it really matters! It allows me to devote more time to create original tabletop RPG maps and use better tools, materials, and software – perhaps even become a full-time cartography artist one day!
All my patrons get these 5 perks:
- Immediate access to an archive of 200+ tabletop RPG maps.
- 3+ high-resolution maps per month.
- Patreon-exclusive variant versions of the maps.
- A vote in monthly map polls
- Access to the patrons-only Patreon feed and Discord server channels.
When you become my patron, you need to choose how much you want to pledge per month. There are a few options, called tiers, and each tier has a set of rewards and benefits attached to them. Choose the one that fits your needs the best, finish the registration process, and you are done!
Please note that your pledge is charged when you become my patron, and after that at the beginning of each month in advance for the upcoming month.