I write articles I wish I could have read when I was first trying to find a way to contribute to LLVM, Clang, and Swift. They're in-depth -- but beginner-friendly -- technical guides to each component of the Swift compiler:
- Getting Started with Swift Compiler Development
- The Swift Compiler's Build System
- Reading and Understanding the CMake in apple/swift
- An Introduction to the Swift Compiler Driver
- Reading and Understanding the Swift Driver Source Code
- Option Parsing in the Swift Compiler
- Getting Started with the Swift Frontend: Lexing & Parsing
- How the Swift Compiler Emits Diagnostics, Part 1: LLVM Abstractions
- How Swift and Clang Use LLVM to Read Files into Memory
- How the Swift Compiler Emits Diagnostics, Part 2: Swift's Wrappers of LLVM Abstractions
I ask for patronage because the guides take me many nights and weekends to write. Knowing that people support my efforts makes a big personal difference.
To encourage people's support, some of the content that I write is only available to my patrons. Pledging $10/month gives you access to all content I will ever post on the site. This amount will never increase. That's around 30 cents a day.
For more details, please read my about page.