I'm Jalena Patricia Leilani Simpson (whenever I have to write my name, I write the whole name) and I make food look bad ass. I started out creating cakes, thinking I love to be a cutesy tutsey baker and then realized I actually hate baking. But daddy ain't raise no quitter, so I changed my business to fit more of me and less of what everyone expected of me. I've been creating edible art for 10+ years now and I love it. I meet interesting and artistic people everyday that want to learn what I do. That's where you come in. I need your help to continue to put out these tutorials, because caken ain't cheap. With your Pledge I'll be able to give more and do more.
Here are some Random/Not so random facts about me:
- I'm a mom of 2
- I live in Georgia
- I travel to S. Florida almost every 4 months
- I curse a lot
- I'm Polynesian, African American, White, & Indian AKA American
- I hate baking, but I hate cheese more.
- I'm a Photographer turned Graphic Designer turned Edible Artist
- I wrote this in list form to avoid having to make sentences and paragraphs
- I'm not lazy
- I have tattoos
- Every party/event I do is over the top
- Don't like when ppl call me a baker (b/c I can't bake.. I mean I can, but I don't want to)
- This is my job and I love
- I swear I'm not a negative person...lol