My song sagas seek to expand the concert experience, engaging multiple senses and viscerally combining live music and performance, like a live-action music video - and unlike the traditional music industry model, (where the album dictates the way the show goes), for us, the story and the live show determine what is created and what is recorded.
Your patronage makes these collaborative projects possible. These funds enable me to focus more and more of my time and attention on creation, and help to make many more live events happen!
Current projects include:
- curating and performing with my band in ongoing music series S͚̹̒̀É͓̦͛̈́A͔̘͆͠N̜̤̈͛C̩͎̔̂Ë̺̰̿, which brings together musical artists of varying disciplines under the umbrella of shared lyrical themes, accompanied by the spirits of the dead,
- a unique city-by-city tour of GREY GOLD: A NEW MYTH OF PERSEPHONE & HADES, our most recently completed (and most ambitious!) immersive song saga, beginning with a June 2017 run of shows in New York City,
- tour planning and development for PIECE OF ME, an immersive song saga structured as a modern-day fairytale, inspired by mysterious journals and letters from the 1930s, and devised in collaboration with acclaimed contortionist and trapeze artist Meg Russell,
- curating environmental soundscapes for immersive theatre company SPECULATIVE DRAMA (of which I am a core company member),
- working with collaborators in movement & video art on several new MUSIC VIDEOS and accompanying singles for 2018 release,
- ongoing creation and development of new musical work, music videos, and guest live performances.
Past and ongoing collaborations include:
- developing and producing my first immersive song saga, SOFTLY, SHE CAME, a multimedia ghost story structured after the five stages of grief, devised and performed by my full band in collaboration with Butoh dancer Lillian Rossetti,
- arranging and recording innovative cover music for modern circus acrobats, including a piece for the aerial prism act in Night Flight Aerial's 2016 FRIGHT NIGHT,
- composing and recording original instrumental music for Anna Sell's SH*T SHOW: A STORY OF INVISIBLE ILLNESS, a touring solo fringe show, chronicling its creator's diagnosis with chronic illness through clowning, music, puppetry, and autobiographical text,
- producing and co-curating events at multi-disciplinary performance art space THE STEEP AND THORNY WAY TO HEAVEN, including six annual NIGHT CARNIVAL variety shows, as well as co-productions with touring artists,
- writing and arranging original songs using the words of William Shakespeare, for Speculative Drama's immersive live productions of A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM, AS YOU LIKE IT, and cabaret variety show adaptation of ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL
Join me, and get a secret glimpse into the incredible world that goes on behind the scenes of all these productions!