- Data Analyst (R, Tableau, etc)
- Sports Team Blogger
- Sports Fan or Hobbyist (creating an app/site for personal use)
- Developer looking for a fun way to learn
Just look at all the awesome features MySportsFeeds gives you for free:
- exhaustive scores, stats, injury, and schedule data feeds for NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL
- all historical seasons are absolutely free
- postgame access to all data feeds for in-progress seasons
- choose whichever format works best with your stack: XML, JSON, or even CSV
- reasonable postgame request limits
And that's not to mention all the additional stuff we're still working on. You can check out the official issue tracker on GitHub, but here are a few of the higher priority ones:
- revised v2.0 of all data feeds, to better streamline and make fewer requests.
- HTTP PUSH functionality, including webhooks
- statistical "splits" for each supported team or player stat (home games, away games, "last 10" , special teams, etc)
- support for NCAA Basketball and Football, and Soccer.
- adding past seasons retroactively.
So how in the heck can we afford to do this? Well, we make most of our revenue off of corporate subscribers, those who are using it to run their business. But your non-commercial donations also help immensely to cover the hefty costs of hosting and development. And we also leverage crowd-sourcing for our data entry, along with our own in-house statisticians and data moderators to validate everything. But we're still in an early startup phase, and could use your help!
If you like and appreciate the free data and all the work that goes into collecting and delivering it, we'd appreciate whatever donation you can make. You'll be helping out a small startup with big aspirations to continue to make this available for all.