K. R. Boyteris creating magical fantasy folklore literature, audio drama, and art.
Select a membership level
- Patrons only ‘One off’ Tale of Wonder: exclusive short story set in the fantasy world of Edra
- Access to a weekly Patreon Only Video Diary
- Shout out in all Scroll Calls
- Access to all Patreon posts
All of Apprentice Storyteller rewards:
Tale of Wonder:
Each month you’ll receive an exciting short story set in the fantasy world of Edra. Every 12 stories will be realised as a print book available to the public to purchase but you’ll receive it as a FREE gift as a ‘thank you’ for your support.
- Patrons Only Access to the monthly ‘Tales from Edra LIVE Fantasy Show’:
Access to the monthly ‘Tales from Edra Pubcast’:
Listen to the Tales from Edra Pubcast, the podcast in a pub, before anyone else! The Pubcast is the monthly show where I interview creative people (over a few pints), from the writing, acting, film-making, art, music, and games industries and discussing how they approach the creative process as well as the business side of things. Guests so far have included ‘Gene in the House’, ‘Doctors’, and ‘The Convent’ actress Katie Sheridan, fantasy writer and singer E. L. Johnson, author and playwright Kate Miller, and cartoonist and The Legends of Grimous Ironblood illustrator Rich Nairn, aka The Artful Doodler.
to previous episodes
All of Apprentice Storyteller, and Spellcaster Storyteller rewards:
The Bestiary Compendium of Fantastical Beasts:
You’ll receive a monthly entry from the renowned Estrild Blount, Explorer, Naturalist, Myth-Mage detailing her studies of the varied creatures, beasts, spirits, and ‘unknowns’ that inhabit the realm of Edra. These entries are from her well respected and much referenced, ‘ The Bestiary Compendium of Fantastical Beasts’.
- Master illustrator Rich Nairn will provided each original illustration and K R Boyter writing each entry specially commissioned for Mythical Tales from Edra and his Animal Tragic patrons. This will be a digital file e-mailed straight to your inbox!
- Richard Nairn had a misspent childhood glued to Warner Bros and Disney cartoons which led to an obsession that continues to this very day. Richard attended the Kent Institute of Art and Design in Canterbury. It soon became clear that he had no intention of embarking on a career as a “proper” artist and so he is a full-time cartoonist and caricaturist, sometimes to the rich and famous. One of his regular haunts to doodle is in Dickens’ World in Kent.
- Check out Rich’s amazing drawings at his website www.theartfuldoodler.co.uk or by visiting The Legends of Grimous Ironblood website www.grimousironblood.com
...a world of mages and magic…
...a world of witches evil and tragic…
master storyteller Loquacious McCarbre travels the land...
...recounting his stories to one and all…
fantasy author, K. R. Boyter in his quest to create and develop the
mythical world of Edra through enchanting, gripping, and
thought-provoking literature, audio drama, and art.
Wondrous Tier Levels…
...with fantastic rewards…
- Exclusive ‘One off’ Mythical Tale of Wonder
- Exclusive weekly ‘Storyteller's Diary’
- Monthly ‘Mythical Tale of Wonder’ short story
- Exclusive monthly ‘Mythical Tales from Edra LIVE Fantasy Show’
- Monthly ‘The Bestiary Compendium of Fantastical Beasts’
- Monthly ‘Mythical Tales from Edra Pubcast’ – the podcast in a pub!
- Monthly Audio Version of the month’s ‘Mythical Tale of Wonder’
- Exclusive Signed Original Ink Drawing: Limited to 5 patrons only
you tier level and claim your magical rewards today!
the magic of storytelling flow through you, always...
“I write stories to show we can learn more about real life and the nature of humanity through reading fantasy.”
My name is Ken Boyter (K. R. Boyter) and my love of writing and storytelling started early. I loved listening to my mum read me stories in bed; 'Where The Wild Things Are' by Maurice Sendak being my favourite. I loved reading fantasy too: from classic novels such as ‘The Hobbit’, ‘Grimm's Fairy Tales’, and the ‘Discworld’ series, to the ‘Fighting Fantasy’ game books.
After years of reading novels such as ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ and ‘The Pillars of the Earth’, and playing video and board games including ‘Talisman’, ‘Oblivion’ and ‘Skyrim’, I felt a burning desire to write my own fantasy novel and create my own fantasy world. I wanted to write a story with characters I felt passionately about in a setting that I love - medieval fantasy.
In 2015, I created a YouTube channel, The Bottled Imp, with photographer and filmmaker, Julian Newman Turner. Through it, I share my love of all things fantasy by reviewing books, films and board games of the genre.
In 2016 ‘The Legends of Grimous Ironblood: The Curious Bottle,’ the first epic story verse book to be set in the fantasy world of Edra was published to great reviews. In 2018, I wrote and performed, in the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, the highly acclaimed and successful 'The Storyteller's Apprentice', a stage play also set in Edra.
If you’d like to know more about me, please visit www.kenboyter.co.uk and if you’d like to know more about ‘The Legends of Grimous Ironblood’, visit www.grimousironblood.com
“My purpose is to give the reader greater understanding of themselves and the moral universe in which they live.”
Things I aim to do:
1. Build and develop the intriguing world of Edra through enchanting, gripping, and thought-provoking stories.
Having established the setting of the magical world of Edra in Book One of ‘The Legends of Grimous Ironblood’ trilogy, I wish to continue the adventure: exploring Edra and developing the stories by writing and publishing Books Two and Three.
I also intend to write a prose version of 'The Legends of Grimous Ironblood' trilogy.
2. Other exciting projects!
I’ve other enticing projects in development too: the audio version of ‘The Legends of Grimous Ironblood’; the audio drama of ‘The Storyteller’s Apprentice’; a game book series set in the world of Edra called 'Fight or Flight' in which the reader chooses how the adventure unfolds; and an interactive stage show of the game book ‘Fight or Flight’ where audience participation is a must. But that’s not all! I’ll be announcing many new projects in the future too.
3. Create new monthly short stories, webchats, podcasts and free stuff!
As part of the Mythical Tales from Edra Patreon, I’ll be writing a new short story every month based in the world of Edra. These will focus on a particular element within the world. Some of this I’ll be exploring for the first time so you’ll be the first to discover it too!
I’ll also be creating and broadcasting a monthly Mythical Tales from Edra webchat where I’ll be chatting all things fantasy, such as the latest fantasy news; hints and tips on writing, and updating Patrons on the various Mythical Tales from Edra projects.
As a companion to the webchat, I’ll also be recording and posting a monthly Mythical Tales from Edra podcast that will explore the nature of creativity. I’ll be interviewing various people from the writing, acting, film-making, art, music, and games industries and discussing how they approach the creative process as well as the business side of things.
As the Mythical Tales from Edra community grows, so will my ability to offer free stuff! This could be more stories, exclusive artwork, or even merchandise as a thank you to loyal patrons.
“I create legends from a time beyond living memory, recounting the extraordinary lives of extraordinary people, who confront their inner conflicts to help overcome the struggles of life.”
How can you help?
By pledging your patronage, I’ll be able to devote more of my time on writing new stories and books and creating new projects about the world of Edra to share with you. Obviously the more time I have, the quicker these projects can come to fruition.
Please check out the Reward tiers and help the dream come true.
You can tell that I'm on a mission so I hope you will join me in this wondrous quest!
“May the magic of storytelling flow through you, always."
When 50 Patrons join the Storytellers’ Guild (pledge any tier level), everyone will receive a FREE digital wallpaper map of the Northern Realm of Edra, drawn by renowned Edra cartographers Fitchit, Fitchit, Fitchit, and Daughters. This shows all the places and features of the first book in ‘The Legends of Grimous Ironblood’ trilogy. Plus a £4 discount off the print version the book. I'll sign it peronally for you too!