Help Me Reach My Indie Content Goals
My name is Natelegé Whaley . I wear many hats. I write mainly write articles. I also produce events, videos, take photos, and provide consultation on content ideation. As a digital journalist, I've written for a number of outlets. After a decade of working for companies — from intern to staff writer and now freelance — I am putting more energy into monetizing my independent content. Below is info on two platforms you will be supporting via my Patreon: Hearts Converse and Brooklyn to the World.
Hearts Converse is a positive space for young adults of color to discuss relationships, life, and culture, I founded in 2010. Through HC, I have curated blogs, discussion circle events, and a video series called "The Questions 100."
W H A T I S "T H E Q U E S T I O N S" ?
Currently, I am focusing on finishing “The Questions 100” a multi-media storytelling project featuring 100 millennials of color answering 100 different questions on relationships, life and culture. The final product will be a digital photo archive and book. I am publishing one photo essay story a week on the digital archive. Signing up to be a patron will help me fill the void of diverse storytelling for black millennials and other millennials of color.
My progress as of November 2017...
As of November 2017, I have interviewed 25 people and published 17 stories. Check them out here.
Not bad. But I want to speed this process up. I have been a one-woman band doing the following:
- Researching, confirming and corresponding with subjects.
- Tracking down beautiful spaces to record interviews.
- Shooting and editing video, audio, photos, and text.
- Transcribing text.
- Uploading content to and maintaining the website that houses the project.
- Updating social media pages w/ project-related content.
Now, this is where your help comes in. My budget to finish producing and promoting the project is $500. This will go towards hiring help for transcriptions and marketing tasks.
A breakdown of how the funds will be used:
- Drafting monthly update newsletters towards subscribers
- Scheduling posts to promote new stories across platforms Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Monthly scheduling of archived story links
- Transcribing interviews
Brooklyn to the World is my personal blog and content services business. On the site, I share my thoughts on creativity, travel, and life. By supporting this patron, you will help me produce content on this site twice-a-month.
I am currently working on a special FREE guide called "What Black Americans Should Know about Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, and Blockchain Technologies."
One of the most important technological advancements in finance and business is here and Black Americans may be getting left out the loop. This will be a digital beginner’s guide to these new innovations and what African-Americans should know about it before investing.
Publishing Date: December 14
WHAT DO PATRONS GET?I have three tiers of monthly subscribers.
$1 a month
$5 a month
$8 a month
$10 a month
Based on the level you choose you will receive EXCLUSIVE:
1. Animated treats (fun text animations made by me that you can post on your social media feeds. EXAMPLE HERE below);
2. "Behind-the-scenes" and "How I Made" "TK" stories once a month (video or written explainers and tutorials revealing my process behind a successful project, assignment or personal experience I've had);
3. Weekly genius list of five people, articles, interviews, podcasts, videos, etc. that I feel are shaping the future of our culture.
4. The opportunity to suggest and vote on the content I produce.
Thank you for stopping by!